Catalyst 14.30.1005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 14.30.1005

Seems to have a driver date of August 29th. The Windows driver has to be modified to support other hardware; not sure if the Linux driver is the same ordeal.

- Supports kernel 3.14+ as-is (installs fine on 3.16.1); firegl_public.c shows:

Code:
    KCL_TYPE_Uid ATI_API_CALL KCL_GetEffectiveUid(void)
    {
    #ifdef CONFIG_UIDGID_STRICT_TYPE_CHECKS
        return __kuid_val(current_euid());
    #else
    #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(3,14,00)
        return __kuid_val(current_euid());
    #else
    #ifdef current_euid
        return current_euid();
    #else
        return current->euid;
    #endif // current_euid
    #endif // LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(3,14,00)
    #endif // CONFIG_UIDGID_STRICT_TYPE_CHECKS
    }
    - Does not seem to support other hardware other than the R9 285 (I get "No supported adapters detected" on 7660G + 7670M hardware); someone on the Windows driver said it worked on their R9 290.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
      - Does not seem to support other hardware other than the R9 285 (I get "No supported adapters detected" on 7660G + 7670M hardware); someone on the Windows driver said it worked on their R9 290.
      Correction on this. If you have the already-configured xorg.conf, the driver works fine. You can't generate another xorg.conf though on unsupported hardware.

So if you've installed a previous version of fglrx and didn't remove xorg.conf, and then installed this driver, you'd be fine

Here's some version info:

Code:
      OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
      OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series
      OpenGL version string: 4.4.13083 Compatibility Profile Context 14.30.1005
      - Chrome still shifts to the right with HW acceleration enabled for me
      Last edited by Guest; 03 September 2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Another option is to copy the control file from an older release over. This will get you past the unsupported hardware problem.

Extract the driver, cp fglrx-xxxx/common/etc/ati/control

This driver does not work with xorg 1.16. "libglx.so undefined symbol Loadextension"

Comment

Unfortunatly this driver doesn't work with my 280X on Ubuntu 14.04.
          I first installed the fglrx driver in Software Center, and then installed this driver. (because i got the unsupported device message also). After a reboot, nothing happens. Black screen, can not even get into the terminal to fix it.
          I am probably doing something wrong here, but i just cant seem to get the 280X working in Ubuntu without the 100% fan issue, screen tearing, terrible 3d-performance et cetera. I think i may have to give it up and buy an NVidia card instead.

Comment

Working...
          X