This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    Wait, so sdack is a system supporter? He really didn't come across as one.

Now I understand why everyone here is confused.
    It is a classic setup to manufacture an "opponent" that argues so badly that he really end up supporting the opposing side.

User "sdack" is so technically ill prepared and are claiming such wiffle-waffle nonsense, that he end up smearing all systemd opponents as fools. In that he does good service for the pro systemd side.

It is the danger of negative campaigning devoid of technical substance, that the paranoid ranting, unfounded slandering, and spouting of factual nonsense, begins to have the opposite effect of what was intended. User "sdack" probably think he is protesting against systemd, but in reality, his behaviour just ensure that sensible people drifts towards systemd.

More and more people are beginning to get actual knowledge about systemd these days, since it is slowly spreading into more and more Linux distros. A lot of people who disliked systemd because of the factual wrong information dispensed by the systemd-haters, gets converted to pro-systemd people when they start using it and reading the documentation.

Comment

• Originally posted by interested View Post
      More and more people are beginning to get actual knowledge about systemd these days ...
      Just not you.

Comment

• Originally posted by rice_nine View Post
        Remarkable. See you around, guys and gals.
        I hope you are not upset, because I edited out a "not" in one of the sentences, but have understood my comment nevertheless. It just accidentally happened while previewing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
          Just not you.
          Total summary of knowledge sdack has contributed to this discussion:

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by interested View Post
              It is a classic setup to manufacture an "opponent" that argues so badly that he really end up supporting the opposing side.

User "sdack" is so technically ill prepared and are claiming such wiffle-waffle nonsense, that he end up smearing all systemd opponents as fools. In that he does good service for the pro systemd side.
              I dont even see that there are sides, there is one website yes but sides, there are maybe 10 people in the world now that have a problem with systemd, and even they ahve no real argument except pinky and nazies and such stuff.

At the moment I dont even think that sdack even belives in his arguments if he ever did, he seems to jurk of on trolling people, ofr the trolling sake.

First we have 90% of the communitz who does not care at all, they just have no oppinion at all, or maybe a bit feeling in the one or the other direction but nothing more. then u have some developers where a hand full had problems with systemd in the past most of them made peace with it of them or which developer or maintainer has really still problems. Yes then there are still a few maintainers that are sceptical most of them even are not 100% shure they are just causious, but even if they would really have a real problem with systemd it does not matter because they as maintainer just dont use it as example gentoo.

But 2 sides would imply that there are some at least nearly same size groups that fight each other, I dont see that, the hole thing got startet by 2 bloggers taht made hundrets of articles refereing to themself, the guy from the linux action show showed that in one of his shows.

So u get some people that try to make such thing, maybe (maybe not) even one of this 2 guys is sdack who knows.

I dont link them because thats their goal have a clickbate, making some random stories out of nothing. Yes all our todays "journalists" do that in some way but the overdid it, clearly.

But who cares haters gona hate... like many hated on gnome today many of them use gnome.

I dont hate on gnome and dont use it anymore... but not because I want gnome 2 back, gnome 3 was for me a big improvement but I cant life without tiling now

Best example here is btw linux torvalds, that wrote horrific trolling post against gnome and now uses it as his desktop.
              Last edited by blackiwid; 12 September 2014, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
                Who wants to make you any wiser?! This is what you need to think about first and before you complain about not getting any knowledge of me.

But I will give you some now. People have said many times over that they fear systemd is not giving them anything substantially new but only creates unwanted dependencies. You deny their argument, only to then use it to make hypothetical threats to others on what will happen if they did not converge to systemd. And if this was not already quite bad do you not even know that systemd is not creating anything genuinely new and that your threats are only hollow at best.

I am not good at making insults, so please help me out. What does one call someone who is being as bad as you are?

And no, I still do not hate any of you. I pity you!

Comment

But I will give you some now. People have said many times over that they fear systemd is not giving them anything substantially new but only creates unwanted dependencies. You deny their argument,
                  No, nobody is denying this argument. Of course for any new piece of software, there will be people who prefer the old way of doings this. This is the case for any change. No software will appeal to everyone. There will always be some small minority that wants something different. It is impossible to please everyone. Software developers have to accept that no matter what decision they make, there will always be some number of people who disagree. Software development is always about compromises, and any software developer has to learn that they will face a small, vocal minority that wants to do any change that benefits the vast majority of users.

Unfortunately, members of your tiny minority feel they are entitled to have everyone else bend to their will. You either don't care, or can't be bothered to learn enough to understand, that your demands will negatively impact the vast majority of Linux users. But no software will ever please everyone, the only way to develop software is to try to bring the biggest benefit to the most users. Your case is not special enough to change that, you are no different than any other tiny minority that opposes and other software or software change.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                    No, nobody is denying this argument.
                    Are you sure?

Comment

Are you sure?
                      Great job completely ignoring pretty much everything I said.

Comment

Working...
                      X