X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Group Calls For Boycotting Systemd

Phoronix: New Group Calls For Boycotting Systemd

A new project has been established that's trying to boycott systemd and the Linux distributions utilizing systemd...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: New Group Calls For Boycotting Systemd

A new project has been established that's trying to boycott systemd and the Linux distributions utilizing systemd...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3OTM
    The people who are against systemd never actually produce any better code or implementation of what systemd can provide. All they can do is talk, talk, talk and suck out all the emotional energy out of people who really do all the work.

Comment

Originally posted by hadrons123 View Post
      The people who are against systemd never actually produce any better code or implementation of what systemd can provide. All they can do is talk, talk, talk and suck out all the emotional energy out of people who really do all the work.
      It's amazing how much time people can spend on bashing something that they don't like or understand.

For me it's simple - I don't like german cars, I don't own any and I don't give a shit about them. I don't waste my life on whining on german motorization

Comment

LOL, it's funny to watch the progression from calm, semi-rational points at the beginning to pure emotional ranting at the end. As always, a number of points are misleading, and one is outright false (#5).

Comment

Re

Taking by how much evolution systemd is bringing to Linux, this kind of bullsh*t annoys me...

Comment

It's default in RHEL 7, and will be in Ubuntu 16.04, and, I think Debian 8.
            Regardless of how you feel, systemd has already won.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
              LOL, it's funny to watch the progression from calm, semi-rational points at the beginning to pure emotional ranting at the end. As always, a number of points are misleading, and one is outright false (#5).
              this is popcorn material.

Comment

Even Linus Likes systemd he just does not like bugs not being fixed and btw systemd is not BSD and BSD is not Linux

Comment

Yes, FFS, consider switching to Plan 9 because things are really getting out of hand!

Comment

Will new users trying out Ubuntu even know what systemd is? NO! What about UNIX philosophy? To new Ubuntu users out there trying Ubuntu for a spin, they know nothing about it. They don't know if Ubuntu follows the UNIX philosophy because once Ubuntu works for them, it just works. Same with elementary OS. There are people out there who don't KNOW what is UNDER THE HOOD of Linux, because if you ask Ubuntu users that never mess with command line what Linux is, you might get a blank stare. As long as installing applications do not break dependency, that's all that matters to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X