• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
    [snip]
    Does this make any sense to you at all?
    No it doesn't.

Comment

Do not just repost them. Read them within their context and understand them. It might be hard for you, but give it another try.
      You are helpless aren't you?

Comment

• "The Protesters?" You haven't seen REAL protest over issues far bigger than systemd

Originally posted by sdack View Post
        Well, it is what he did. He chose to insult, because he sees his "cookies" threatened by the protest. He made a bad choice (see forum rules, too). There is really very little love in his insult and you should not follow his lead.

The protesters can formulate their needs better than this and what arguments could one bring forward when he demands "cookies". Cookies are pure bliss and you should have gone with Microsoft for this when it is bliss you want. They do produce bliss products like one OS for all, one office suite for all, one browser for all, etc. - they even make Teletubbies to sell bliss to babies. FOSS is however not about bliss. It is about freedom, conflict, competition, choice, much like evolution itself.
        Real protest isn't done online with rare exceptions like killing SOPA. Normally, when I think of protest I think of everything from noisy squad-size units with bulhorns outside an animal researcher's home, to hundreds of thousands of people marching against a war, to furious street battles at globalization summits with both sides in riot gear, to the even more intense protests in Ferguson and elsewhere over police brutality,

No online debate about systemd can hold a candle to people in Ferguson duking it out with police armored vehicles, or even to protesters on bicycles having to ram through police lines to escape an illegal mass arrest. Hell, even a silent vigil outside a fur shop is a real protest, let's just say real protest is executed in "real mode" and I'm not talking about 16 bit either.

Comment

No. You know nothing about future problems. We all have to deal with problems of the future. systemd will bring its own problems and these will add to all other problems. systemd only now solves some problems of the present, but these are problems not everyone is actually sharing, all while some of us can already see where some of the future problems are likely to be found judging only by what has been lost and because every software is a solution to an older problem.

Nobody is however saying they know what the future will look like, only that we do not wish to repeat old mistakes and do not want to find us solving old problems again. Young people, who know little about the past, will not even notice it and see all future problems as new problems.

Not really, considering that Debian decided on it for the very reason of it helping in the future and already being very good.

I honestly can't figure out what people's beef is, before this, we had everything being compatible with sysvinit. Now, we'll have it be compatible with systemd (or sysvinit still if you like). And systemd will still be able to be replaced in one way or another in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by interested View Post
            No it doesn't.
            You have just saved me a whole lot of responses trying to explain any of it to you. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
              You are helpless aren't you?
              No. Why even the question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Luke View Post
                Real protest isn't done online ...
                Yes, it is. Protest can happen in many forms.

Comment

• Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                  Not really, considering that Debian decided on it for the very reason of it helping in the future and already being very good.

I honestly can't figure out what people's beef is, before this, we had everything being compatible with sysvinit. Now, we'll have it be compatible with systemd (or sysvinit still if you like). And systemd will still be able to be replaced in one way or another in the future.
                  Why do you say "not really"? You are agreeing with some of it when you believe systemd will be replaced in the future. Which part of it does not make sense?

Comment

For what it is worth, I believed you when you say it means nothing to you. It was the most believable comment you have made and it came across as honest. You were convincing.
                    What I actually said was...

Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
                    This entire conversation means nothing to me, because you don't bring anything worth reading to the table.
                    So give me your best, link to it, quote yourself or hell write it again, if it's a good argument then I'd have a reason to care. What I do not care about are your endless wishy washy posts about "problems" without actually explaining what problems you speak about:

No. You know nothing about future problems. We all have to deal with problems of the future. systemd will bring its own problems and these will add to all other problems. systemd only now solves some problems of the present, but these are problems not everyone is actually sharing, all while some of us can already see where some of the future problems are likely to be found judging only by what has been lost and because every software is a solution to an older problem.

Nobody is however saying they know what the future will look like, only that we do not wish to repeat old mistakes and do not want to find us solving old problems again. Young people, who know little about the past, will not even notice it and see all future problems as new problems.

What are these problems? What are the mistakes being repeated? Try being specific sometime.

You have just saved me a whole lot of responses trying to explain any of it to you. Thanks!
                    Oh. So because your post that says nothing specific but casts assertions of "problems" and "mistakes" at systemd didn't make any sense to anyone, you're not going to elaborate further? Do you not want people to understand you when you speak?

Why do you say "not really"? You are agreeing with some of it when you believe systemd will be replaced in the future. Which part of it does not make sense?
                    Pretty much all systems are inevitably replaced. That is not an argument for never using a system in the first place.

Comment

I said that in the future, everything other than systemd will try to be compatible with systemd to the point where you can swap them out, just like you can with sysvinit.

Do I think systemd is going to solve more problems in the future than it causes? Definitely.
                      Do I think it's worth the switch from sysvinit or whatever else? Definitely.
                      Do I think it should be the only option? Not at all.

There's always going to be a use case somewhere where another init will do a particular something better.

Comment

Working...
                      X