Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Nouveau X.Org Driver Released With DRI3+Present, Maxwell, GLAMOR

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,080

    Default Nouveau X.Org Driver Released With DRI3+Present, Maxwell, GLAMOR

    Phoronix: Nouveau X.Org Driver Released With DRI3+Present, Maxwell, GLAMOR

    The Nouveau development community released the xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.11 driver update to kick off the start of September. While you wouldn't guess it from the version number, this driver update is actually very significant and introduces a lot of new functionality and other improvements...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3ODA

  2. #2

    Default

    Anybody test VSync with KWin yet? It works out-of-the-box like with radeon or GLXVblank is required?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    Anybody test VSync with KWin yet? It works out-of-the-box like with radeon or GLXVblank is required?
    from the tag commit:

    Enable sync of swaps to vblank by default (Option GLXVblank "on").

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default How to enable Glamor?

    I have a laptop with an NVIDIA 8400GS and Arch already has 1.0.11. How can I enable glamor acceleration? I've tried doing the same thing as with ATI but when I checked the logs it was still using EXA (no mention of glamor actually)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vidar View Post
    I have a laptop with an NVIDIA 8400GS and Arch already has 1.0.11. How can I enable glamor acceleration? I've tried doing the same thing as with ATI but when I checked the logs it was still using EXA (no mention of glamor actually)
    Are you on X Server 1.16? That's needed compared to Radeon.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Are you on X Server 1.16? That's needed compared to Radeon.
    Ofcourse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •