Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau X.Org Driver Released With DRI3+Present, Maxwell, GLAMOR

Phoronix: Nouveau X.Org Driver Released With DRI3+Present, Maxwell, GLAMOR

The Nouveau development community released the xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.11 driver update to kick off the start of September. While you wouldn't guess it from the version number, this driver update is actually very significant and introduces a lot of new functionality and other improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anybody test VSync with KWin yet? It works out-of-the-box like with radeon or GLXVblank is required?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      Anybody test VSync with KWin yet? It works out-of-the-box like with radeon or GLXVblank is required?
      from the tag commit:

Enable sync of swaps to vblank by default (Option GLXVblank "on").

Comment

How to enable Glamor?

I have a laptop with an NVIDIA 8400GS and Arch already has 1.0.11. How can I enable glamor acceleration? I've tried doing the same thing as with ATI but when I checked the logs it was still using EXA (no mention of glamor actually)

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
          I have a laptop with an NVIDIA 8400GS and Arch already has 1.0.11. How can I enable glamor acceleration? I've tried doing the same thing as with ATI but when I checked the logs it was still using EXA (no mention of glamor actually)
          Are you on X Server 1.16? That's needed compared to Radeon.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Are you on X Server 1.16? That's needed compared to Radeon.
            Ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Vidar

How to enable Glamor?
              Glamor is only enabled by default with Maxwell GPUs, that's why it's disabled with you 8400GS.

To enable it you may try adding:

Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"

To your xorg conf in the Section "Device".

Why do you want to enable glamor may I ask ?

Comment

Working...
              X