Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD, Wine & Valve Dominated August For Linux Users

Phoronix: AMD, Wine & Valve Dominated August For Linux Users

August was great on Phoronix with 22 multi-page, featured articles and 242 Linux news stories being written by your's truly. Of all the content published in August -- much of which continues to not be covered elsewhere on the web -- here's the most popular stories...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is nothing wrong with AdBlock. If it was not for AdBlock then I would not even be reading here.

Just keep making good, critical articles on products, which is how I keep myself informed on what is a good product and which is not. I do not care for the rest, because advertisement never tells one the whole truth. You only litter the quality of your own articles with advertisement.

Comment

Premium without Credit Card?

Michael, I just wanted to sign as a Premium Member, but Paypal says that I need a Creditcard for that. I do not have one. Can you ad other payment possibilities?

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
        There is nothing wrong with AdBlock. If it was not for AdBlock then I would not even be reading here.

Just keep making good, critical articles on products, which is how I keep myself informed on what is a good product and which is not. I do not care for the rest, because advertisement never tells one the whole truth. You only litter the quality of your own articles with advertisement.
        How respectful you are...
        Some basic stuff for your small brain: if someone works for you, (most of the time,but some people work for free) you have to pay him. Or it is robbery. Ads are a non-costy way for you to pay him. So why the fuck do you use Adblock?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziple View Post
          Some basic stuff for your small brain: if someone works for you, (most of the time,but some people work for free) you have to pay him. Or it is robbery. Ads are a non-costy way for you to pay him. So why the fuck do you use Adblock?
          Yes and no.
          I add Phoronix to white list of No Script. But sometimes some advertising is so invasive and with flash, that it hangs my firefox!
          So I have no way of dealing with it.

Though I agree, I should pay for such great site one way or another.

Comment

True, but what I don't get, and noticed, is that (s)he is a Phoronix Member, so (s)he has already payed for the site AND doesn't have to see ads even without adblock.

Comment

He is not working for me, but for himself and I am not his boss. And I am being respectful. Only you are not.

Why "the fuck" do I use AdBlock? Because I can. I stops unwanted content downloads, does not flood me with information I do not want and makes the whole experience faster. The content is otherwise free and it is free not because I wanted it to be free, but because he is giving it away for free. How I read it and what parts of it are not his decision to make after that. He can beg me not to, but I do not care for it, because I generally dislike begging. Maybe he has not fully figured it out yet how to make money or he does not care for it either. I think he should not even mention AdBlock in the middle of an article, because chances are it creates an awareness about it and it only makes me chuckle.

Comment

Why do you switch the channel in the TV whilst they play adverts? Did you look at the movie? You MUST watch them!

Comment

He is not working for me, but for himself and I am not his boss. And I am being respectful. Only you are not.

Why "the fuck" do I use AdBlock? Because I can. I stops unwanted content downloads, does not flood me with information I do not want and makes the whole experience faster. The content is otherwise free and it is free not because I wanted it to be free, but because he is giving it away for free. How I read it and what parts of it are not his decision to make after that. He can beg me not to, but I do not care for it, because I generally dislike begging. Maybe he has not fully figured it out yet how to make money or he does not care for it either. I think he should not even mention AdBlock in the middle of an article, because chances are it creates an awareness about it and it only makes me chuckle.
                  I'm ok with using AdBlock with some websites where some ads pop-up everywhere and some files get downloaded and all. But that's not the case here...
                  Begging is not really effective indeed. And I hope for you that you will never have to beg to someone like you..

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  True, but what I don't get, and noticed, is that (s)he is a Phoronix Member, so (s)he has already payed for the site AND doesn't have to see ads even without adblock.
                  I don't understand him at all then :/

Comment

and it is free not because I wanted it to be free, but because he is giving it away for free.
                    Strictly speaking Michael is not giving it away for free, he is publishing it as a combination of content plus revenue-generating advertising.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X