Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
    Few games enable V-Sync by default.
    When someone do GPU benchmarks he disable it for sure in the driver. The same is with ondemand, when someone do gaming benchmarks he disable it, because of known (miss)behavior

Both vblank and ondemand are good default, but for performance benchmarks you surely don't want it

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
      You know I tried to run agains this, buy:

Code:
      HPC Challenge 1.4.3:
          pts/hpcc-1.1.4 [Test / Class: G-HPL]
          Test 1 of 10
          Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
          Estimated Test Run-Time:      1 Hour, 39 Minutes
          Estimated Time To Completion: [COLOR=#FF0000]3 Hours, 58 Minutes[/COLOR]
      Really? I just aborted the whole thing.

This is my biggest issue with many of the tests in the phoronix test suite, they take forever. It would be nice to limit the runtime of these tests to something reasonable, a few minutes tops. This is what I love of tests like geekbench. Sure, they are not real life, but most of the time i need a quick test, not an overnight one.
      HPCC is really an exception... Most PTS tests don't take longer than a couple minutes with modern hardware, but HPC Challenge is notoriously big and depending upon your core count and RAM capacity can be quite lengthy, but many people love the test.

You could also set SKIP_TESTS=hpcc environment variable if you want to skip over it.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

CPU on max, governor performance, blah, blah

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
          Few games enable V-Sync by default.
          If by few you mean almost all games. Not having v-sync would be stupid. Disabling v-sync looks bad and lowers performance by forcing the machine to do pointless busy work for no benefit. You only disable it for benchmark and if you are a pro-gamer who favors a few more milliseconds of reaction time over graphics.
          Last edited by carewolf; 31 August 2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I have my 4930k going now. Cant wait to see how she does!

Comment

I gave it a go.

I installed it from pacman, but didn't work faultlessly, had to install quite a few additional pack.

Also, as you can see hpcc, lammps and open-popous-media didn't run, because it wouldnt install.

Code:
                  pts/hpcc-1.1.4:
                      Test Installation 1 of 3
                      1 File Needed [0.62 MB / 1 Minute]
                      File Found: hpcc-1.4.3.tar.gz                                                         [0.62MB]
                      Installation Size: 9 MB
                      Installing Test @ 21:51:22

[NOTICE] Supported install-time optional variables include $MPI_PATH, $MPI_INCLUDE, $MPI_CC,
                      $MPI_LIBS, $LA_PATH, $LA_INCLUDE, $LA_LIBS, $CFLAGS, $LD_FLAGS, and $MPI_LD

[NOTICE] Supported run-time optional environment variables include $N, $NB, $MPI_NUM_THREADS,
                      $HOSTFILE
                          The installer exited with a non-zero exit status.
                          ERROR: make[1]: /usr/lib64/openmpi/bin/mpicc: Command not found
                          LOG: ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/hpcc-1.1.4/install-failed.log

pts/lammps-1.0.0:
                      Test Installation 2 of 3
                      1 File Needed [15.97 MB / 1 Minute]
                      File Found: lammps-22Jun07_v1.0.tgz                                                  [15.97MB]
                      Installation Size: 87 MB
                      Installing Test @ 21:51:23
                          ERROR: Missing Header File: fftw.h
                          LOG: ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/lammps-1.0.0/install-failed.log

pts/open-porous-media-1.3.1:
                      Test Installation 3 of 3
                      1 File Needed [10.63 MB / 1 Minute]
                      File Found: opm-20131126.tar.bz2                                                     [10.63MB]
                      Installation Size: 70 MB
                      Installing Test @ 21:51:27
                          LOG: ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/open-porous-media-1.3.1/install-failed.log

Comment

I ran it 2x since I had a process running the first time chewing up a ton of CPU time.

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Working...
                X