See How Your Linux System Performs Against The Latest Intel/AMD CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See How Your Linux System Performs Against The Latest Intel/AMD CPUs

Phoronix: See How Your Linux System Performs Against The Latest Intel/AMD CPUs

This holiday weekend (in the US) can be a great time to test your Linux system to see how it's performing against the latest AMD and Intel processors to see if it's time for a good upgrade...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Erm why do you test the intel cpus on performance and the amd on ondemand?!?

ondemand is a bit broken on amd,
    at least on my phenomII performance govenor always gets a few percent more than ondemand
    Last edited by rudl; 31 August 2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rudl View Post
      Erm why do you test the intel cpus on performance and the amd on ondemand?!?

ondemand is a bit broken on amd,
      at least on my phenomII performance govenor always gets a few percent more than ondemand
      It's the kernel defaults... Modern kernels use the Intel P-State driver by default and opt to performance where as AMD CPUs use CPUfreq ondemand.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I would like to see game benchmarks with vsync on, because that is default

Really Michael, make governor performance for all benchmarks

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Intel P-state performance governor is not same as the which would run with AMD processor.

P-state performance doesn't keep the highest frequency all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
            Intel P-state performance governor is not same as the which would run with AMD processor.

Word is about governor ondemand, which is missfeature when it comes to the performance benchmarks .

Comment

Lintian complains about the deb package, a lot of errors like this:

E: phoronix-test-suite: wrong-file-owner-uid-or-gid etc/ 1000/1000

Comment

Originally posted by reCAPTCHA View Post

Just a note ondemand is known to behave like this and everybody knows that It is not only on AMD processors, on Intel earlier than SNB too or if you wish on PPC64 processors too

And now please do STK benchmark on Intel and AMD default i will laugh
                Last edited by dungeon; 31 August 2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Few games enable V-Sync by default.

Comment

You know I tried to run agains this, buy:

Code:
                    HPC Challenge 1.4.3:
                        pts/hpcc-1.1.4 [Test / Class: G-HPL]
                        Test 1 of 10
                        Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
                        Estimated Test Run-Time:      1 Hour, 39 Minutes
                        Estimated Time To Completion: [COLOR="#FF0000"]3 Hours, 58 Minutes[/COLOR]
                    Really? I just aborted the whole thing.

This is my biggest issue with many of the tests in the phoronix test suite, they take forever. It would be nice to limit the runtime of these tests to something reasonable, a few minutes tops. This is what I love of tests like geekbench. Sure, they are not real life, but most of the time i need a quick test, not an overnight one.

Comment

Working...
                    X