Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New AMD Catalyst Linux Driver Unofficially Surfaces

Phoronix: A New AMD Catalyst Linux Driver Unofficially Surfaces

A German web-site is hosting a yet to be officially released Catalyst Linux driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

hm

even with patch and can't put it working with kernel 3.16, but it works with 3.14 and 3.15

Comment

Beware of drivers on unofficial sites and forums. Seriously.

Comment

Installing binary blobs from unofficial sources sounds like a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
          even with patch and can't put it working with kernel 3.16, but it works with 3.14 and 3.15
          Working fine on 3.16.1 for me with the firegl_public.c mod on Ubuntu 14.04:

Code:
          espionage724@Hexen:~$ uname -a
          Linux Hexen 3.16.1-031601-lowlatency #201408140014 SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 14 04:22:56 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          espionage724@Hexen:~$ fglrxinfo
          display: :0  screen: 0
          OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series
          OpenGL version string: 4.4.12968 Compatibility Profile Context 14.201.1008
          What disto were you using, and what patch were you trying to apply?

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
          Beware of drivers on unofficial sites and forums. Seriously.
          Originally posted by peppercats View Post
          Installing binary blobs from unofficial sources sounds like a great idea.
          Normally I'd agree, but I'm certain people have better things to be doing than creating malicious fglrx drivers.

In any case, the driver is also on AMD's site too (reported by lsedonde and Nille_kungen): http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...-software.aspx

Also, the right-side shift thing that happens with Chrome (and other OpenGL apps as reported elsewhere?) still happened to me with this driver (only seen it with Chrome; can be fixed by disabling hardware acceleration in Settings).
          Last edited by Guest; 29 August 2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Any improvement?

Comment

Looks Like AMD has made a APU driver wif?

Comment

Working...
              X