Metro Redux Is Going To Require OpenGL 4.x On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdstream View Post
    Well i guess you wont be playing much future game releases then, either...

Come on...! I dunno if it's just me, but to me it seems like there's this consensus among a lot of linux gamers that the latest games should support their ancient hardware no matter how ridiciously slow it would run.. You can't expect devs to keep supporting old, crusty machines :P

What is agent hardware? The guy above you probably has a half a teraflop shader model 4 GPU. This class of hardware must be supported form OpenGL-Next to. I have also a Radeon 4870 with 1.2tflops among other GPUs, are they garbage for you?

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
      What is agent hardware? The guy above you probably has a half a teraflop shader model 4 GPU. This class of hardware must be supported form OpenGL-Next to. I have also a Radeon 4870 with 1.2tflops among other GPUs, are they garbage for you?
      Requiring Fermi or above for next-gen AAA games isn't too onerous of a requirement IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        My card supports 3.3 and some instructions of 4.x ... I'll don't buy the game nor a new card.
        There's already a GL3.2 version of Metro around. You realize this is the same game, just re-released with a new engine, right?

There's no reason at all to get this game if you can't see the benefits of the new graphics. Just stick with the old version if that's all your card is capable of.

Comment

hm

Originally posted by artivision View Post
          i have one of these in the box for backup only, is quite old

Comment

hmmm... the new graphics seem to be getting panned in some of the feedback i've read.

Comment

Fuc**it sh*t.... I wish I found this sooner.
              Just bought both Redux games, (accidently i was only going to buy 2033 at first), depared with the OpenGL fail window....
              My cards are more than enough to handle this stuff, but at least it seems Catalyst is back in the Debian Jessie repos...

Comment

Anyone with either Metro for Linux willing to help test it with libframetime? I got a report it couldn't capture Metro frame times, and I don't have either.

Build from here:
                Contribute to clbr/libframetime development by creating an account on GitHub.

Run with "LD_PRELOAD=path/to/libframetime.so dota2" for native launching, or if launching via Steam, add the LD_PRELOAD path to the command, and untick the overlay:

(instead of ssri-glinject, add LD_PRELOAD=path/to/libframetime.so before %command%)

Comment

Working...
                X