Enlightenment E19 Lands Its New Wayland Compositor Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    All there. Thanks for the help anyway. Don't worry i believe it'll be sorted out sooner or later.
    try it in VMware player maybe?

Comment

I test things on Virtualbox (which yes is a POS that takes the host kernel down on occasion). I don't have a test system so i can test in real HW and i am not messing around with the main one. As for the evas ecore flags i assume they are supposed to work with the current AUR packagebuilds.

I installed some X stuff but still no go. Still the same error.
      Do you have VirtualBox guest additions installed? without the additions, there is no DRM support (as in /dev/dri/card*) with most distros on VBox. Enlightenment has E_WL_FORCE=fb for framebuffer, but I don't think that works.

however when I install guest additions on VBox, and weston, I get issues with their driver, even with --use-pixman. To get Weston to work on Vbox, I use their framebuffer backend

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
        Do you have VirtualBox guest additions installed? without the additions, there is no DRM support (as in /dev/dri/card*) with most distros on VBox. Enlightenment has E_WL_FORCE=fb for framebuffer, but I don't think that works.

however when I install guest additions on VBox, and weston, I get issues with their driver, even with --use-pixman. To get Weston to work on Vbox, I use their framebuffer backend
        There is a card in /dev/dri.
        Tried it with E_WL_FORCE=fb same behavior.

No wayland for me to play. I blame vbox.

Comment

There is a card in /dev/dri.
          Tried it with E_WL_FORCE=fb same behavior.

No wayland for me to play. I blame vbox.
          What happens when you run it in an X session (not in a tty this tim) exporting E_WL_FORCE=x11

It should run a Wayland enabled Enlightenment session in a window. See if that gives you the same error, as that works in xwayland (framebuffer backed weston) on Virtualbox for me

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
            What happens when you run it in an X session (not in a tty this tim) exporting E_WL_FORCE=x11

It should run a Wayland enabled Enlightenment session in a window. See if that gives you the same error, as that works in xwayland (framebuffer backed weston) on Virtualbox for me
            I don't have anything X11 related installed in that VM so i doubt it will work.

Comment

FWIW i cannot run weston either.

"failed to get plane resources: Invalid argument"

vbox. meh....

Comment

Working...
              X