Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadwerks Launches On Steam For Linux

Phoronix: Leadwerks Launches On Steam For Linux

The Leadwerks Game Engine has officially launched on Steam for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ugly

The 90s called, they want their game engine back.

This looks like shit!
    Surprisingly it is proprietary, so they actually sell this.
    Who would pay for this?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

This looks like shit!
      LOL

To be honest, this demo looks ridiculous. I mean... jeez, it almost looks like my favority game from 1994:

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

This looks like shit!
        Surprisingly it is proprietary, so they actually sell this.
        Who would pay for this?
        I don't understand how the low detail models and artwork used in demo is related to the quality of the render engine.

Oh wait, this is Phoronix. It is a platform which is filled by tech wannabes with no information, knowledge, perspective or whatsoever.

Comment

It looks very idsoftware to me - shades of doom!

Comment

Even if the artwork and models look dated (which doesnt matter) it doesnt look anything like doom at all. Even with the newer engines using opengl it looks much more advanced than doom. I play doom about once a week with high res textures and opengl render and it looks much older than this. This looks closer to doom 3 than doom (really reminds me more of half-life).
            Last edited by philip550c; 25 August 2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

So sad

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
              Even if the artwork and models look dated (which doesnt matter) it doesnt look anything like doom at all. Even with the newer engines using opengl it looks much more advanced than doom. I play doom about once a week with high res textures and opengl render and it looks much older than this. This looks closer to doom 3 than doom (really reminds me more of half-life).
              If you have to defend the fact that it doesn't look like the original Doom, you've already lost.

Comment

Because it got successful kickstarter? I was looking for easy ocean but went with Unity even if I have to boot Wirows.

Comment

Originally posted by bpetty View Post
                  If you have to defend the fact that it doesn't look like the original Doom, you've already lost.
                  You asked a question that had a presumption built into it so that it couldn't be answered without appearing guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by bpetty View Post
                    HUH? Ive already lost what? I dont give a shit about leadwerks, Im just saying that you guys are probably retarded kids that never even played doom or maybe you saw it on your older cousins computer. Cause everyone saying it looks like doom is wrong. It looks way better than doom, like about 6 years better.

Comment

Working...
                    X