Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Open-Source AMD HSA Should Come To Fruition This Year

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Uhh, where was intel referenced in that statement?
    Hey, genius, listen up.

If you get a computer (x86), 99% of the time it will be Intel or AMD. But that's not the part you are missing.

Now, if we don't assume it's just x86, but that it's about single-threaded CPU performance, regardless of architecture, it will still most likely be Intel. IBM was referenced once and you didn't complain about that, which leads me to believe that you just have a vendetta for Luke_Wolf.

I imagine the original poster wants Intel to focus on improving single core performance too, and not sacrifice that for extra cores.
    What was being talked about was scaling with multiple cores (after a while you see less of an increase in performance per extra core) vs less or even 1 ridiculously fast core (running into problems with heat, size, and other things). Then someone was comparing Intel to AMD saying that Intel is faster, which was not disputed, but rather clarified: Faster, but at a price. Then someone talked about improvement in single threaded performance with AMD CPUs. It is well known that Intel has superior single threaded performance and they are the only other x86 CPU manufacturer to compare with. Do you really need a summary of this thread?

So thanks for making my point - even after going back and finding the starting point, you completely misinterpreted things from the start.
    Wow. It's like the lights are on, but nobody is home.

I imagine the original poster wants Intel to focus on improving single core performance too, and not sacrifice that for extra cores.

You just interpreted whatever he was saying, which was that they were talking about Intel, and it's already apparent that you didn't read through the thread... So that means you said nobody was talking about Intel, when people were clearly talking about Intel, and then claimed he falsely interpreted what someone said, only to falsely interpret that someone themselves, and then try to correct him on the topic of the article when he himself doesn't even full have it.

As for why AMD was specified at all, well, it's because this article was about AMD. Nothing to do with Intel
    Right and wrong when you said that the article is about AMD. It's actually about AMD's HSA, which can apply to almost anything including different manufactures, software, licensing, architectures, even politics if you tried hard enough.

-----

TL;DR, smitty3268 is either intoxicated, a terrible troll, or a total moron. Also I just wasted 30 minutes of my life. You're welcome.
    Last edited by profoundWHALE; 08-28-2014 at 04:50 PM.