Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 168 of 168

Thread: AMD Releases UVD Video Decode Support For R600 GPUs

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haagch View Post
    Can you maybe make it a bit more clear in the articles you write?

    Code:
    support for the AMD RV600 GPUs, the RS780/RS880, and the RV770/RV790
    What GPUs exactly? RV770 can be googled to mean HD 4730, 4810, 4830, 4850, 4870 and RV790 means 4860 and 4890.

    So all the other RV?? are still not supported like my old HD 4670, which is apparently RV730?
    With this set of patches all chips that support UVD are now supported, except the old RV550 cards which, may work with the r6xx UVD code if someone wanted to play with it. The RV730 has had UVD support for a while now.

    Newly supported with this patch set:
    R6xx, RS780/880, RV770

    Previously supported:
    RV710, RV730, RV740, evergreen, NI, SI, CI

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    Previously supported:
    RV710, RV730, RV740, evergreen, NI, SI, CI
    Well, today I learned, my GPU Was already supported. I thought vdpauinfo didn't show codecs, but maybe I need to have a closer look later

    Thank you for the information.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haagch View Post
    Can you maybe make it a bit more clear in the articles you write?

    Code:
    support for the AMD RV600 GPUs, the RS780/RS880, and the RV770/RV790
    What GPUs exactly? RV770 can be googled to mean HD 4730, 4810, 4830, 4850, 4870 and RV790 means 4860 and 4890. ...
    You can not do it more clear.
    HD 4xx0 are just marketing names.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    With this set of patches all chips that support UVD are now supported, except the old RV550 cards which, may work with the r6xx UVD code if someone wanted to play with it. The RV730 has had UVD support for a while now.

    Newly supported with this patch set:
    R6xx, RS780/880, RV770

    Previously supported:
    RV710, RV730, RV740, evergreen, NI, SI, CI
    This models are UVD2, they are already supported now also UVD+ is supported FINALLY.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael5 View Post
    This models are UVD2, ...
    No!
    These already supported models are UVD 2.2 and UVD 3 and UVD 4.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,458

    Default

    Just go with what agd5f said -- RV6xx, RS780/880, RV770 were not supported before and they are supported now.

    I added a V to "RV6xx" for clarity.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Ah this naming problem.... Somebody should write names in total order ;-) to make everything clear.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pali View Post
    Ah this naming problem.... Somebody should write names in total order ;-) to make everything clear.
    It is the same as nvidia, intel, etc. namings . Users use marketing names, but developers not .

    And there is also group naming like NI, SI, CIK, etc. to raise confusion , but it is perfectly clear when you know it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •