Thread: Nouveau Gets Improved Re-Clocking Handling For Select GPUs

Default Nouveau Gets Improved Re-Clocking Handling For Select GPUs

Phoronix: Nouveau Gets Improved Re-Clocking Handling For Select GPUs

Users of some pre-Fermi NVIDIA graphics cards can be thankful to Roy Spliet for managing some re-clocking related improvements to the Nouveau driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3MDQ

To clarify: these patches are applicable not only for NVA3, but also NVA5 and NVA8. I've tested them on G210m, GT220 and GT320, but to learn about all the cards this covers check out the codenames page on the Nouveau wiki.
    Last edited by RSpliet; 08-22-2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Typo

Does the 9600M GT have reclocking by default?

Default some

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Does the 9600M GT have reclocking by default?
    some with older kernel use 3.10 i think

Quote Originally Posted by RSpliet View Post
    To clarify: these patches are applicable not only for NVA3, but also NVA5 and NVA8. I've tested them on G210m, GT220 and GT320, but to learn about all the cards this covers check out the codenames page on the Nouveau wiki.
    Oh, I have a GT220, it is finally happening?

Not that I really care, as I don't game (obviously, otherwise I would just get a better gpu), but it's still quite amazing.

Default Sure?

Excuse me but are you SURE about reclocking support for the GT 240? I got one, and Until now, Nouveau didnt even support the graphics cards, AT ALL, so I wonder how can there be now reclocking support for an unsupported graphics cards? If this is really true, I will immidiately switch to Fedora Rawhide.

Default its only for kernel 3.18

Quote Originally Posted by gotwig View Post
    Excuse me but are you SURE about reclocking support for the GT 240? I got one, and Until now, Nouveau didnt even support the graphics cards, AT ALL, so I wonder how can there be now reclocking support for an unsupported graphics cards? If this is really true, I will immidiately switch to Fedora Rawhide.
    only kernel 3.18 will support this for your card you will to wait more than 2 months to have some "rc" version to use

Quote Originally Posted by gotwig View Post
    You must be one of the unlucky few with a GDDR5 nvaX. Roy and Ilia are working on making them work at all before Roy focuses on reclocking support for them!

Right now, DDR2, DDR3 and GDDR3 are targeted.