Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Gets Improved Re-Clocking Handling For Select GPUs

Phoronix: Nouveau Gets Improved Re-Clocking Handling For Select GPUs

Users of some pre-Fermi NVIDIA graphics cards can be thankful to Roy Spliet for managing some re-clocking related improvements to the Nouveau driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

To clarify: these patches are applicable not only for NVA3, but also NVA5 and NVA8. I've tested them on G210m, GT220 and GT320, but to learn about all the cards this covers check out the codenames page on the Nouveau wiki.
    Last edited by RSpliet; 22 August 2014, 01:08 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Does the 9600M GT have reclocking by default?

Comment

some

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Does the 9600M GT have reclocking by default?
        some with older kernel use 3.10 i think

Comment

Originally posted by RSpliet View Post
          To clarify: these patches are applicable not only for NVA3, but also NVA5 and NVA8. I've tested them on G210m, GT220 and GT320, but to learn about all the cards this covers check out the codenames page on the Nouveau wiki.
          Oh, I have a GT220, it is finally happening?

Not that I really care, as I don't game (obviously, otherwise I would just get a better gpu), but it's still quite amazing.

Comment

Sure?

Excuse me but are you SURE about reclocking support for the GT 240? I got one, and Until now, Nouveau didnt even support the graphics cards, AT ALL, so I wonder how can there be now reclocking support for an unsupported graphics cards? If this is really true, I will immidiately switch to Fedora Rawhide.

Comment

its only for kernel 3.18

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
              Excuse me but are you SURE about reclocking support for the GT 240? I got one, and Until now, Nouveau didnt even support the graphics cards, AT ALL, so I wonder how can there be now reclocking support for an unsupported graphics cards? If this is really true, I will immidiately switch to Fedora Rawhide.
              only kernel 3.18 will support this for your card you will to wait more than 2 months to have some "rc" version to use

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
                You must be one of the unlucky few with a GDDR5 nvaX. Roy and Ilia are working on making them work at all before Roy focuses on reclocking support for them!

Right now, DDR2, DDR3 and GDDR3 are targeted.

Comment

Working...
                X