Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.14 Beta Released

Phoronix: GNOME 3.14 Beta Released

The first beta of the upcoming GNOME 3.14 has been released ahead of its expected general availability in September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I checked the news in the mailing list and see some API breakage and thats ok, but I dont see any functionality removed. What happened to GNOME devs?!

Comment

Can I finally use Wayland+XWayland normally on GNOME or will we have to wait for 3.16?

Comment

I updated to gnome 13.3 I don't know if this is the beta realese. But for me gnome is a lot smother. All animation is very nice now. Also the new evince gui is much better. Sadly my git build of geary broke. But maybe a rebuild fix that. All extension I use still work after I updated the metadata to support 13.3

Comment

Originally posted by Akka View Post
          I updated to gnome 13.3 I don't know if this is the beta realese. But for me gnome is a lot smother. All animation is very nice now. Also the new evince gui is much better. Sadly my git build of geary broke. But maybe a rebuild fix that. All extension I use still work after I updated the metadata to support 13.3
          13.3 should have been 3.13.3

Comment

What did the decide on their notification area revamp?

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
              Can I finally use Wayland+XWayland normally on GNOME or will we have to wait for 3.16?
              It's been asked for 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post

My answer would be: for sure you'll be able to test it without special tweaks, and to run most applications, but don't expect it to be as stable and complete as X11 yet.

Comment

Working...
                X