Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Sandy Bridge Gets A Surprise Boost From Linux 3.17

Phoronix: Intel Sandy Bridge Gets A Surprise Boost From Linux 3.17

Besides the recent work to support OpenGL Geometry Shaders for Sandy Bridge in Mesa, users of Intel "Sandy Bridge" HD Graphics can also be thankful for the forthcoming Linux 3.17 kernel. Early testing of Linux 3.17 has revealed that for at least some Intel Sandy Bridge hardware are OpenGL performance improvements with the newer kernel code.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good Work

This is amazing. I wonder what optimizations were made to improve a 3+ year old architecture.

Comment

Originally posted by thelongdivider View Post
      This is amazing. I wonder what optimizations were made to improve a 3+ year old architecture.
      Not really sure my self, but, I believe the Windows driver is still even faster, so there is always more perfomance yet to get out of the hardware if Intel is willing to put in the effort

Comment

That looks like a simple cpu usage reduction. Gains almost everywhere, and biggest gains in the very cpu-limited apps.

Comment

Working...
        X