Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GNOME 3.14 Beta Makes GLSL Optional, Supports Wayland Gesture/Touch Events

Default GNOME 3.14 Beta Makes GLSL Optional, Supports Wayland Gesture/Touch Events

Phoronix: GNOME 3.14 Beta Makes GLSL Optional, Supports Wayland Gesture/Touch Events

For the upcoming GNOME 3.13.90 release are updates to GNOME Shell and Mutter that bring a few notable last-minute changes...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc2ODc

Where do I find Ubuntu version that will include these changes? Will it land in daily or Beta 1? Will it be for ARM version only or for x86, too? I'm thinking of using Ubuntu on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and I'me eager for all the goodies necessary for tablet operation to land there, but I'm afraid that the develpers have ARM platforms in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolai View Post
    Where do I find Ubuntu version that will include these changes? Will it land in daily or Beta 1? Will it be for ARM version only or for x86, too? I'm thinking of using Ubuntu on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and I'me eager for all the goodies necessary for tablet operation to land there, but I'm afraid that the develpers have ARM platforms in mind.
    https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+...gnome3-staging

This ppa seems to be up to date with the latest version like Arch

Quote Originally Posted by Vidar View Post

Since Ubuntu didn't ship with Gnome 3.10 in 13.10 and not with Gnome 3.12 in 14.04 despite both being released after Gnome was released, it's unlikely that you'll see Gnome 3.14 in Ubuntu 14.10.

Thanks! It says
    To use this PPA, you should enable the main GNOME3 PPA
    Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Since Ubuntu didn't ship with Gnome 3.10 in 13.10 and not with Gnome 3.12 in 14.04 despite both being released after Gnome was released, it's unlikely that you'll see Gnome 3.14 in Ubuntu 14.10.
    So just use that ppa

So just use that ppa
    The PPA also didn't have the up to date version of Gnome at that time. It took some time for them to catch up.

Default wait one week

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    The PPA also didn't have the up to date version of Gnome at that time. It took some time for them to catch up.
    wait one week after stable launch of gnome 3.14

I wonder if 3.14 will address the "memory leak" in gnome-shell once and for all.. seeing the process hit 2gb and having to alt+r every day to make my desktop usable again is kind of a bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSerious View Post
    I wonder if 3.14 will address the "memory leak" in gnome-shell once and for all.. seeing the process hit 2gb and having to alt+r every day to make my desktop usable again is kind of a bummer...
    Which bugreport is this tracked in?