Open-Source Radeon Graphics Have Some Improvements On Linux 3.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Nice to have improvements but please could one of the devs fix the flickering when uvd is changing clock speeds. Also i think it would be nice if the message in the journal is shorter when this happens.
    Remove radeon.dpm=1 from your grub config. The dpm debugging output is only enabled when you force the dpm module option.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      Remove radeon.dpm=1 from your grub config. The dpm debugging output is only enabled when you force the dpm module option.
      Thanks for that. Now the flickering thing

Comment

Thanks for that. Now the flickering thing
        Have you opened a bug?

Comment

Have you opened a bug?
          No. I don't think something like" My screen flickers when a video starts (Youtube, vimeo, vine, instagram) and uvd clocks change powerstage" would cut it in the mesa bugtracker.

Comment

No. I don't think something like" My screen flickers when a video starts (Youtube, vimeo, vine, instagram) and uvd clocks change powerstage" would cut it in the mesa bugtracker.
            Why wouldn't that be a valid bug report? Make sure to attach your xorg log and dmesg output as well.

Comment

Why wouldn't that be a valid bug report? Make sure to attach your xorg log and dmesg output as well.
              Well mesa is a highly technical place. I really don't feel comfortable submitting bugs on mesa or the kernel.

Submitted anyway.

Comment

Looks like the https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=79980 for radeon si has a set of patches to fix it now.
                Hopefully it will make it into 3.17 and be backported to 3.16.

Comment

Working...
                X