Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasteland 2 Gets An Official Release Date

Phoronix: Wasteland 2 Gets An Official Release Date

Brian Fargo's Wasteland 2 game that's the successor to the original Wasteland from two decades ago now has an official release date.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was actually a pending backer for Wasteland 2 when it was on Kickstarter but, before the time ran out, I discovered that they weren't willing to guarantee GOG/Desura/Humble/SteamPlay-like "switch platforms whenever you want" access to all of the DRM-free downloads, regardless of which platform you listed on the questionnaire.

Some of the other backers tried to shame me for wanting fair treatment so I decided to wait for it to show up on GOG or Humble and cancelled my pledge to redistribute the money to other things I was backing like Double Fine Adventure and The Banner Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      I was actually a pending backer for Wasteland 2 when it was on Kickstarter but, before the time ran out, I discovered that they weren't willing to guarantee GOG/Desura/Humble/SteamPlay-like "switch platforms whenever you want" access to all of the DRM-free downloads, regardless of which platform you listed on the questionnaire.

Some of the other backers tried to shame me for wanting fair treatment so I decided to wait for it to show up on GOG or Humble and cancelled my pledge to redistribute the money to other things I was backing like Double Fine Adventure and The Banner Saga.
      Congratulations.

Comment

Has anyone tried this on Windows? Does it use SDL2? I know a lot of Unity games have poor input and don't fullscreen very well on Linux so I'm a bit cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
          Congratulations.
          To be fair, I did know how egocentric it was to post that and did it anyway so I apologize for that.

(I just needed to cut loose a bit and, for some reason, writing the post and then hitting cancel wasn't enough.)

Comment

Rangers, Cannibals (Fiendish looking), USA flag, correctional facility. Fallout new vegas anyone? Same old murican propaganda BS. Not wasteland, just "waste". Shame.

Comment

And all these with 60 bucks.
              I think I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
                Rangers, Cannibals (Fiendish looking), USA flag, correctional facility. Fallout new vegas anyone? Same old murican propaganda BS. Not wasteland, just "waste". Shame.
                I'm not sure what you expected. The first Wasteland was the same way (which predates New Vegas by over 10 years).
                Last edited by thunderbird32; 20 August 2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X