No announcement yet.

Dead Island For Linux Appears Imminent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Adarion, Dead Island is a bit repetitive, but it?s very well made and I enjoyed it enough to finish it on the 360. If the port is good I?ll buy it and play it again on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by widardd View Post
      the game is boring and crazy repetitive, you realize the broken and unpolished mechanics within a few hours. same for DIR, and probably DI2 aswell. don't fall for this junk, get Borderlands 1 or 2 cheap instead.
      So you find DI repetitive, but recommend Borderlands? LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
        So you find DI repetitive, but recommend Borderlands? LOL...
        It feels repetitive because itemization and skills/character development are fubar. Mashing buttons is fun when there's stuff to do/get that's worth it. The series is critized for this for years and yet techland refuse to learn or hear anything.

Let me say it in other words: If you like something like Ryse, and don't care for anything except mashing buttons, go get it.

Comment

Originally posted by widardd View Post
          It feels repetitive because itemization and skills/character development are fubar. Mashing buttons is fun when there's stuff to do/get that's worth it. The series is critized for this for years and yet techland refuse to learn or hear anything.

Let me say it in other words: If you like something like Ryse, and don't care for anything except mashing buttons, go get it.
          You've missed the point of my comment. I've played both Dead Island Riptide and Borderlands, and I found both boring and repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
            You've missed the point of my comment.
            Not really, you didn't quite understand the fundamental differences (regarding the "repetitive feeling") between both series so i pointed towards DI's main flaws.
            BL is a fine series with quite good mechanics, but that doesn't mean one cannot get bored.

I get bored just looking a second at FIFA or Battlefield, but not because these games are broken, they're just not my genre.

Comment

Working...
            X