Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    ? That's completely normal in Europe.

Germany, France, Italy average 7-8 weeks of paid vacation, add unpaid / timebanked days to that.
    While true, Kristian lives in America, I believe.

Comment

Is there any news about dri3 and drivers switching over to it?

I think that has to be done before things like present and nuclear page flipping can be taken advantage of.

Comment

Originally posted by Prescience500 View Post
        Is there any news about dri3 and drivers switching over to it?

I think that has to be done before things like present and nuclear page flipping can be taken advantage of.
        That only affects X11: Wayland can already take advantage of these.

Comment

Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
          Maybe the Wayland 1.6 will not so full of new features, but the Wayland project itself seems in good shape, look here:
          wayland-x11-arm-mali
          I don't know, but if that graphics are correct... there are very impressive! O_o
          I read your link and seems like Wayland uses less power than X11, at least for arm users. The link has even a graphic of Wayland power usage versus X11 power usage. Anyone knows if a notebook user could get advantage from this?

Comment

Originally posted by rudregues View Post
            I read your link and seems like Wayland uses less power than X11, at least for arm users. The link has even a graphic of Wayland power usage versus X11 power usage. Anyone knows if a notebook user could get advantage from this?
            The lack-of-copies would help power efficiency and performance, I would think. But part of the power efficiency bump is that Wayland can properly take advantage of all of the decoder / encoder blocks on a given SOC whilst I don't believe X11 can, or is very limited in that regard at least.
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
            X