Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Red Hat Is Hiring To Work On Open-Source GPU Drivers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,138

    Default Red Hat Is Hiring To Work On Open-Source GPU Drivers

    Phoronix: Red Hat Is Hiring To Work On Open-Source GPU Drivers

    Those wishing to work for one of the best open-source companies while focusing on improving open-source Linux graphics drivers, Red Hat has an opening...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc2NTY

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm 99% sure this is about nouveau - it's still severely lacking (reclocking/fan management).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    I'm 99% sure this is about nouveau.
    sponsoring hostile manufacturers is a shame

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    342

    Default

    To be honest, I wish people would focus on the FOSS AMD drivers. Then when AMD is the only choice for Linux, Nvidia will finally realise they've screwed up with their attitude.

    Of course, I know that's not how the world works, but I'll try to buy second hand Nvidia hardware to avoid them getting a sale.

    Regarding the article. I think this is about both vendors. If it's only about Nouveau, I'll get mad.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pal666 View Post
    sponsoring hostile manufacturers is a shame
    I wonder if Red Hat is trying to use its bulk to try to get Nvidia to open up.

    Regardless, it is true that it seems ridiculous Red Hat is funding Nouveau, when they should be putting those devs behind the companies actually participating and letting Nvidia flounder until they realize their mistake sometime in the twenty second century.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default ATI sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by xeekei View Post
    To be honest, I wish people would focus on the FOSS AMD drivers. Then when AMD is the only choice for Linux, Nvidia will finally realise they've screwed up with their attitude.

    Of course, I know that's not how the world works, but I'll try to buy second hand Nvidia hardware to avoid them getting a sale.

    Regarding the article. I think this is about both vendors. If it's only about Nouveau, I'll get mad.
    deal with it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotwig View Post
    deal with it.
    Look, kid. I just described to you how I dealt with it. I know puberty makes you feel tough, but please lay it off, it's annoying.

    Also, they're not ATI anymore, and they don't suck. Their hardware is just as capable as Nvidia's, they're just slacking with software outside of the Windows platform. But they're helping open source, which makes them better than Nvidia in my book.

    Have a nice day, kid.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Good news for us ! I just hope they don't hiring because somebody left... That said, I think they are just two in the Red Hat Graphic team (D. Airlie and J. Glisse) ?

    Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    I'm 99% sure this is about nouveau - it's still severely lacking (reclocking/fan management).
    I'm 100% sure you're wrong. They posted a job offer about working on the whole graphic stack. Why do you want they lie about the true job ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
    Good news for us ! I just hope they don't hiring because somebody left... That said, I think they are just two in the Red Hat Graphic team (D. Airlie and J. Glisse) ?
    You can count Ben Skeggs and Rob Clark too, for the pure graphics side.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MPF View Post
    You can count Ben Skeggs and Rob Clark too, for the pure graphics side.
    Thanks for the correction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •