Nouveau Works On Maxwell Fan Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdack View Post
    I know nothing about pretty men, but you do look like you are meditating in this picture. It makes me think you are very spiritual and monk-like, that you are "one with the code" and that your code must follow the rules of zen. So now I am having a very positive imagine of you. Thinking of monks... Do you also brew beer by any chance like those in Germany? Those monks are the best!
    Ah ah, WTH I was actually giving a presentation (XDC2011) when Michael took the picture.

So, let's say I am a code monk being one with the code although I sure don't brew beer nor am I from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
      Ah ah, WTH I was actually giving a presentation (XDC2011) when Michael took the picture.

So, let's say I am a code monk being one with the code although I sure don't brew beer nor am I from Germany.
      Whatever you want to be, you sure make a lot of us happy with your work.

Thank you!

Comment

while GeForce 800 series Maxwell graphics cards are expected to be launched soon.
        I got a GTX 860M , Maxwell. Can I expect to make use of the new patches? The 800 series is already launched for Maxwell...

Comment

Now, everyone knows how pwetty I am, right?
          You may even be "pwettier" while you're awake.

Comment

Are you planning on coming to XDC2014?
            Unfortunately no more travel plans this year due to reduced budget (not even Oktoberfest :/).
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
              I got a GTX 860M , Maxwell. Can I expect to make use of the new patches? The 800 series is already launched for Maxwell...
              Nope, laptops only have one fan and it is not controlled by the nvidia GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Unfortunately no more travel plans this year due to reduced budget (not even Oktoberfest :/).
                I sympathize, no Germany for me so far this year :s Hopefully, I'll be able to by the end of the year or after XDC!

Comment

Any hope for reclocking support?

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
                    Any hope for reclocking support?
                    No plans yet, although I started looking into voltage management yesterday. If it is sufficiently close to what should be done on Kepler, then it may work when I'm done with voltage management. It's very unlikely though.

Comment

Most newer gaming laptops has a separate fan for CPU and GPU. My MSI GS70 is an example of that, though it doesn't seem that I'm able to adjust fan speed through the nVidia drivers - so it may be controlled from elsewhere, or manual fan control could simply be disabled, to avoid any thermally related damage to the GPU.

Comment

Working...
                      X