Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darksiders 2 Is Coming To Linux

Phoronix: Darksiders 2 Is Coming To Linux

Leszek Godlewski, the developer that presented this week at GDC Europe on advanced Linux game programming, just shared that Darksiders 2 will be coming to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The first Darksiders was already ported to Linux, correct? I've yet to see the Linux version on Steam, though. It's still listed as Windows only. Is there an ETA on when the Linux version will be available on Steam? Is it already available as a beta and they don't list it? What's the deal with that?

Comment

I can't talk specific dates, but it's literally days until Darksiders 1 Linux hits Steam. Please bear with me just a little longer!

Comment

Originally posted by IneQuation View Post
        I can't talk specific dates, but it's literally days until Darksiders 1 Linux hits Steam. Please bear with me just a little longer!
        Awesome. Thanks!

Comment

as anxious as I am for that game... THAT IS WHOLE LOT OF SECONDS!!!!!!!

Comment

This is making my wallet nervous!

Comment

What about support for Mesa?
              What OGL version will be required?

Comment

What I like about the Phoronix forums is that you often get the actual developers to reply Thanks for the update.

Comment

Sadly because it's one of the very few sites that provide Linux news.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                    What about support for Mesa?
                    What OGL version will be required?
                    It's OpenGL 2.1 plus a couple of generic extensions:
                    Code:
                    	CHECK_EXT(ARB_color_buffer_float)
                    	CHECK_EXT(ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex)
                    	CHECK_EXT(ARB_map_buffer_range)
                    	CHECK_EXT(ARB_sampler_objects)
                    	CHECK_EXT(ARB_texture_rg)
                    	CHECK_EXT(EXT_packed_pixels)
                    	CHECK_EXT(EXT_texture_compression_s3tc)
                    	CHECK_EXT(EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic)
                    	CHECK_EXT(EXT_texture_integer)
                    I wanted to make sure it'll run on the same hardware that would run the Windows version, i.e. similar D3D9-class hardware and drivers.

Comment

Working...
                    X