AMD Kaveri: Catalyst vs. RadeonSI Gallium3D On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    Not really, it's only a workaround to prevent crashing, "there may be some mis-rendering": https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75276#c26
    Which is why i said "mostly". At least the crashes are fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
      Because AFAIK this is still the fastest and best supported (VLIW5/TeraScale 2, least difference to the closed source driver) card by the open source driver.
      Didn't Michael's last test across a bunch of AMD cards show that the 7870 was finally outperforming the 6870 now? I could be wrong.

Comment

I just want to have a comparison between the differences between open source and closed source on Northern Island (Radeon HD 6870 only) and Sea Island (A10-7800).
        Ahh, so "with" in the sense of "in the same chart". Got it.
        Test signature

Comment

Does anyone else have stuttering issues with catalyst? I mean, I can get ridiculously high frame rates with my r9 290 but there are so many fps drops it makes catalyst basically unusable.
          I had the same problem with my A10-5800K

Comment

some days ago i made some tests with my kaveri. Cpu multipler is set
            to 42x, igpu is set 1100mhz , ram used 2400mhz with 11-13-13-30 timings.

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

at the first set of bencmarks a process from kde took over and the numbers
            were not correct, the second sets are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
              I have only one question: why the heck are your numbers so damn high comparaed to Michae'ls numbers???
              He tested 7870 on a lower resolution...

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                Didn't Michael's last test across a bunch of AMD cards show that the 7870 was finally outperforming the 6870 now? I could be wrong.
                What about the difference/gap between open source and closed source with GCN/Southern Islands?

But the even more older HD 5870 may be faster than the HD 6870 and it is also VLIW5/TeraScale 2.

Comment

What about the difference/gap between open source and closed source with GCN/Southern Islands?

But the even more older HD 5870 may be faster than the HD 6870 and it is also VLIW5/TeraScale 2.
                  the HD5870 and 6870 are almost identical in terms of gaming performance. The key differences are the 6870 supports tesselation better while the 5870 has double precision compute support and came in an Eyefinity6 version with double the vRAM over stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul_keeper View Post
                    I just ran these tests on my slackware system with comparable custom package versions.
                    OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

The only real problem i'm getting is with l4d2 not rendering/loading the hair for the survivors.

Can anyone else with mesa 10.3.0-devel check if they are having this issue ?

I figured out my issue here.
                    The "shader detail" setting must be "low" or "med". The "high" and "very high" setting result in black instead of the hair textures appearing.

There seem to be a few issues with the latest Sanctum2 game as well requiring low settings, possibly related.

Comment

Working...
                    X