Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Adds Support For ARB_copy_image

Phoronix: Intel Adds Support For ARB_copy_image

While OpenGL 4.5 was announced today, Mesa developers are still battling for OpenGL 4.0 compliance but at least they are now able to scratch off another GL4 feature...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is anyone actually working on the missing GLSL4 and missing shader extensions (tessellation, etc) from 4.0 right now?

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
      Is anyone actually working on the missing GLSL4 and missing shader extensions (tessellation, etc) from 4.0 right now?
      There are only three parts left for 4.0:
      - GL_ARB_tessellation_shader
      - GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64
      - GL_ARB_shader_subroutine

Fabian Bieler did a great start on GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, but then vanished without a trace (we hope he's okay, but fear something may have happened to him). Chris Forbes and Ilia Mirkin are looking to pick this up soon.

Dave Airlie is working on GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, and a couple of Intel folks are looking at implementing the i965 backend parts of it.

Chris Forbes has started GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, and Ian Romanick is hoping to take it over.

After that, there's only one more extension for GL 4.1 (GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store), which I believe Francisco Jerez is probably working on.

So yes - it's being worked on
      Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
      Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
        There are only three parts left for 4.0:
        - GL_ARB_tessellation_shader
        - GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64
        - GL_ARB_shader_subroutine

Fabian Bieler did a great start on GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, but then vanished without a trace (we hope he's okay, but fear something may have happened to him). Chris Forbes and Ilia Mirkin are looking to pick this up soon.

Dave Airlie is working on GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, and a couple of Intel folks are looking at implementing the i965 backend parts of it.

Chris Forbes has started GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, and Ian Romanick is hoping to take it over.

After that, there's only one more extension for GL 4.1 (GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store), which I believe Francisco Jerez is probably working on.

So yes - it's being worked on
        Quick assessment on what's easy from 4.5 extensions list?

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
          Quick assessment on what's easy from 4.5 extensions list?
          Well one is done and anothers at 90% so thats a pretty good start.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
            Well one is done and anothers at 90% so thats a pretty good start.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...st/065402.html
            GL_ARB_direct_state_access is a big chunk of work, as is GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility. The rest are bite-sized chunks and look way simpler than GLSL 400. The big hurdle is OpenGL 4.0, once we hit that OpenGL 4.5 shouldn't be too far away.

I'm really happy about the DSA extension, though. It took Khronos only 6 years to ratify!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              GL_ARB_direct_state_access is a big chunk of work, as is GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility. The rest are bite-sized chunks and look way simpler than GLSL 400. The big hurdle is OpenGL 4.0, once we hit that OpenGL 4.5 shouldn't be too far away.

I'm really happy about the DSA extension, though. It took Khronos only 6 years to ratify!
              There was a GSoC project for getting EXT_dsa into mesa, it got pretty far but the student just vanished without a word: https://github.com/nobled/mesa/tree/direct_state_access

Comment

Working...
              X