Thread: Intel Adds Support For ARB_copy_image

Default Intel Adds Support For ARB_copy_image

Phoronix: Intel Adds Support For ARB_copy_image

While OpenGL 4.5 was announced today, Mesa developers are still battling for OpenGL 4.0 compliance but at least they are now able to scratch off another GL4 feature...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc2MDc

Is anyone actually working on the missing GLSL4 and missing shader extensions (tessellation, etc) from 4.0 right now?

Quote Originally Posted by zanny View Post
    Is anyone actually working on the missing GLSL4 and missing shader extensions (tessellation, etc) from 4.0 right now?
    There are only three parts left for 4.0:
    - GL_ARB_tessellation_shader
    - GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64
    - GL_ARB_shader_subroutine

Fabian Bieler did a great start on GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, but then vanished without a trace (we hope he's okay, but fear something may have happened to him). Chris Forbes and Ilia Mirkin are looking to pick this up soon.

Dave Airlie is working on GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, and a couple of Intel folks are looking at implementing the i965 backend parts of it.

Chris Forbes has started GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, and Ian Romanick is hoping to take it over.

After that, there's only one more extension for GL 4.1 (GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store), which I believe Francisco Jerez is probably working on.

So yes - it's being worked on :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden View Post
    There are only three parts left for 4.0:
    - GL_ARB_tessellation_shader
    - GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64
    - GL_ARB_shader_subroutine

Fabian Bieler did a great start on GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, but then vanished without a trace (we hope he's okay, but fear something may have happened to him). Chris Forbes and Ilia Mirkin are looking to pick this up soon.

Dave Airlie is working on GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, and a couple of Intel folks are looking at implementing the i965 backend parts of it.

Chris Forbes has started GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, and Ian Romanick is hoping to take it over.

After that, there's only one more extension for GL 4.1 (GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store), which I believe Francisco Jerez is probably working on.

So yes - it's being worked on
    Quick assessment on what's easy from 4.5 extensions list?

Quote Originally Posted by przemoli View Post
    Quick assessment on what's easy from 4.5 extensions list?
    Well one is done and anothers at 90% so thats a pretty good start.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...st/065402.html

Quote Originally Posted by tarceri View Post
    Well one is done and anothers at 90% so thats a pretty good start.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...st/065402.html
    GL_ARB_direct_state_access is a big chunk of work, as is GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility. The rest are bite-sized chunks and look way simpler than GLSL 400. The big hurdle is OpenGL 4.0, once we hit that OpenGL 4.5 shouldn't be too far away.

I'm really happy about the DSA extension, though. It took Khronos only 6 years to ratify!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
    GL_ARB_direct_state_access is a big chunk of work, as is GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility. The rest are bite-sized chunks and look way simpler than GLSL 400. The big hurdle is OpenGL 4.0, once we hit that OpenGL 4.5 shouldn't be too far away.

I'm really happy about the DSA extension, though. It took Khronos only 6 years to ratify!
    There was a GSoC project for getting EXT_dsa into mesa, it got pretty far but the student just vanished without a word: https://github.com/nobled/mesa/tree/direct_state_access