Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: NVIDIA Performance Counters In Nouveau Hoped For With Linux 3.19

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,777

    Default NVIDIA Performance Counters In Nouveau Hoped For With Linux 3.19

    Phoronix: NVIDIA Performance Counters In Nouveau Hoped For With Linux 3.19

    Samuel Pitoiset continues making steady, great progress on his Google Summer of Code project as a student developer reverse-engineering and implementing NVIDIA hardware performance counters within the open-source Nouveau driver...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc2MDQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default nVidia 9400m G

    Hello,

    How about the Nouveau support for 'nVidia 9400m G'? The last time I tried it doesn't reported correctly the temperature.

    Cheers!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexcortes View Post
    Hello,

    How about the Nouveau support for 'nVidia 9400m G'? The last time I tried it doesn't reported correctly the temperature.

    Cheers!
    Really? It is not supposed to be possible on this card generation. Can you check again?

    Nouveau should work out of the box on this card, with opengl 3.3 (the max the card supports).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Not sure how old this guy is or his total background but seriously, great work. Deciphering what groups of engineers have done is, to me, just as impressive as being the designer of it yourself. Not everyone has skill like this.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MPF View Post
    Really? It is not supposed to be possible on this card generation. Can you check again?

    Nouveau should work out of the box on this card, with opengl 3.3 (the max the card supports).
    I will try it again. I'm using Gentoo in a old laptop. It will take a while.

    Thank you!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    @MPF

    Yes, now Nouveau is reporting the temperature correctly.

    Thank You!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexcortes View Post
    @MPF

    Yes, now Nouveau is reporting the temperature correctly.

    Thank You!
    You're welcome, but I don't understand how it could have been wrong! On this chipset, the vbios initialises the temperature probe!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Not sure how old this guy is or his total background but seriously, great work. Deciphering what groups of engineers have done is, to me, just as impressive as being the designer of it yourself. Not everyone has skill like this.
    I'm his mentor and not trying to downplay his contributions at all, but we are greatly aided by the fact nvidia uses this hardware. All we have to do is trace it. When we move to reverse engineering un-used signals/events, it will become a lot harder!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •