AMD A10-7800 & A6-7400K APUs Run Great On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
    lol wh is this? no intel? ofc not if michael puts some intel cpu benchmark against this amd apu... intel cpu simply crush the apu
    Testing i7-3632QM at the moment. pts/hpcc-1.1.4 will gonna take few hours

Comment

Originally posted by riklaunim View Post
      Testing i7-3632QM at the moment. pts/hpcc-1.1.4 will gonna take few hours
      That's not really a comparable part to the 7800.

I'm not entirely sure how much a i7-3632QM is supposed to cost, but i think it's about double the price of the 7800, so of course it should be expected to be faster.

Comment

As it's part of an old Ivy Bridge laptop generation is not that much expensive. Laptops with those are already hard to get and are priced max at 2/3 of similar Haswell quad i7 based laptops. However GPU is HD 4000 so it will be interesting to see how this "old" Intel will compete with latest AMD APU.

Comment

And here it is: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...KH-1408099KH43

(Unigine Heaven is invalid for intel GPU)

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
            So the 7850K wasn't using the AMD suggested DDR3 2400...
            Only up to 2133 is supported. You could have done a quick google search to find that out.

Comment

Originally posted by riklaunim View Post
              And here it is: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...KH-1408099KH43

(Unigine Heaven is invalid for intel GPU)
              An Ivy matching the top Kaveri in most graphics? Shame on you AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                Only up to 2133 is supported. You could have done a quick google search to find that out.
                Page 2, 1st image, bottom of first column dipshit...

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  An Ivy matching the top Kaveri in most graphics? Shame on you AMD.
                  Yes, because an i7 chip that launched with an MSRP of $378 is totally in the same class as one that only has an MSRP of $173...

If you note the A6-7400K with an MSRP of only $77 holds it's own very well against that i7 in terms of GPU performance.

Tell us again how a BMW is better then a Toyota...

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                    Kaveri and DDR3-2400 was tested by Michael

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

BTW i don't like ondemand governor used for AMD processors benchmarking, performance is much faster .
                    Last edited by dungeon; 10 August 2014, 05:30 AM.

Comment

i've played with the mind to buy a APU, but the cpu part is in my opinion to weak and the gpu is to strong for a integrated GPU.

For the same Money i get a i5 thats outperform the CPU part from the A10.

I wish AMD comes with a new FX in the near future. If they want a gpu in it, its fine for me but please not more as a R3 like in the Sempron 2650

Comment

Working...
                      X