That might mean Chromium is missing a piece that the official Chrome has

Comment

Originally posted by danne View Post
      Just tried it out, got Error Code: M7063-1913
      Try a Arch Based Linux

Comment

Error Code: M7063-1913

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
        I get the same error and I'm using Google Chrome version 38.0.2114.2 64-bit. I first tried the original instructions, then I tried altering the user agent to match the version number, but whatever I've tried, I get the same error.

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
          Try a Arch Based Linux
          Wtf does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
            I'm running Chrome, not Chromium.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRtd View Post
              I get the same error and I'm using Google Chrome version 38.0.2114.2 64-bit. I first tried the original instructions, then I tried altering the user agent to match the version number, but whatever I've tried, I get the same error.
              I get the same problem. It might be some problem with chrome.

The good idea is that Netflix at least tries to do something. Maybe they'll fix by the time we get v38 stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                Of course it does. Pepperflash is proprietary, and the PDF plugin used to be too. Both work with Chromium. Widevine (Google's DRM platform) is, like Flash and PDF, a Pepper plugin. Someone should try this - download and unpack Chrome, copy libwidevinecdm.so and libwidevinecdmadapter.so into Chromium's directory (usually /usr/lib/chromium), then check aboutlugins to see if Widevine is listed there.
                You're conflating 2 issues. Chromium itself does not ship any proprietary code, blobs, or h264 support, which is the whole point of Chromium. Chrome does, and that's what makes it different from Chromium.

That doesn't mean someone can't separately add a binary blob to it, and have it work - or recompile with the h264 support re-enabled, or so on and so forth.

I'm fairly certain someone will figure out how to enable drm in chromium, but it may still take a patch and recompile of the codebase before it fully works.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  Wtf does that have to do with anything?
                  Ubuntu is Broken The End

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
                    Ubuntu is Broken The End
                    It works fine on Ubuntu, I had no issue getting it to work here. You're going to end up making Arch users look bad if your don't curb your fanboism.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1 View Post
                      It works fine on Ubuntu, I had no issue getting it to work here. You're going to end up making Arch users look bad if your don't curb your fanboism.
                      I'm also running Ubuntu, 12.04 64 bit if that matters, wonder why it doesn't work for me...

Comment

Working...
                      X