Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 4.3.1 Released With Bug Fixes

Phoronix: GCC 4.3.1 Released With Bug Fixes

It's been just under three months since GCC 4.3.0 was released with support for Intel's SSE4.1/SSE4.2 instruction sets and experiment C++0x support, and now there is GCC 4.3.1. The GCC 4.3.1 release fixes a number of regressions and other bugs, which are all laid out within the GCC BugZilla...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There are guides for compiling GCC at http://linuxhelp.150m.com and http://linux.50webs.org/ under the title:

"Free Compilers and Cross-Compilers for Linux and Windows."

GCC version 4.2.3 is covered in:

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

GCC version 4.3.0 is covered in:

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

You can also discuss the articles here:

GCC version 4.3.1 still has some of the same bugs as 4.3.0,... guess I should have written a few bug reports.

Comment

These changes for the new compiles don't do a thing if the binaries are compiled for i386 though, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
        These changes for the new compiles don't do a thing if the binaries are compiled for i386 though, yeah?
        if you recompile glibc with new gcc with -march=core2 then your i386 binary will use functions compiled against new core2 architecture, but its not ideal, better is to recompile whole portage

Comment

I'm not going to be recompiling anything, just wanting to see if it affects the default installation any.

I suppose amd64 builds can take a better advantage of the new features though, since these processors are more recent than i386.

Comment

Working...
          X