Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 343 Linux Driver Improves EGL Support, Fixes Many Bugs

Phoronix: NVIDIA 343 Linux Driver Improves EGL Support, Fixes Many Bugs

NVIDIA today has announced their first beta Linux/Solaris/FreeBSD driver release in the 343.xx driver series. As expected, this release drops pre-Fermi hardware support from the Linux mainline driver code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At simpleseek performance seem equal (in some scenes stay better) in saint row the third however texture flickering up in this drivers (steam still working)

More later up other results

Comment

Meh, every release, I get excited that randr offloading will finally get some boost with synchronization via dri3/fencing/present/stuff and every time I'm disappointed :/

Comment

Any sign of the upcoming Wayland support?

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
          Meh, every release, I get excited that randr offloading will finally get some boost with synchronization via dri3/fencing/present/stuff and every time I'm disappointed :/
          every release i get exicted we will finally have wayland/mir support and get get dissapointed...

Comment

Dma-sync should help with that
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

hm

for x maybe never come nothing better,

mir and wayland only next year

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                Dma-sync should help with that
                you mean dma_buf?

" for x maybe never come nothing better,
                mir and wayland only next year "
                Also, at comment bellow, wayland/mir will be coming for long time. While most mainstream DMs have already added support, there is for example no tiling window manager (comparable to dwm, awesome,xmonad ..).
                There is also no real support from many toolkits like libSDL for example.

Comment

Mafia 2 runs better in this wine version

Wine 1.7.19 + 340.17

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Wine 1.7.23 + 343.13

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Farcry 3 runs better in this wine version

Wine 1.7.23 + 340.24

Wine 1.7.23 + 343.13

FarCry 2 runs stable in this wine version (before this game not be can test because crash at begins)

Wine 1.7.23 + Nvidia 343.13

Single Player

Multiplayer

And FarCry 3 work on multiplayer (before multiplayer mode not be can test because crash at begins)

Comment

Working...
                  X