Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perf-Per-Watt: Catalyst vs. Radeon Gallium3D

Phoronix: Perf-Per-Watt: Catalyst vs. Radeon Gallium3D

In continuing of yesterday's tests of comparing the OpenGL performance of the latest Radeon Gallium3D and Catalyst drivers with an array of AMD Radeon HD/Rx graphics cards, here's some complementary data including the performance-per-Watt and overall system power consumption for a few of the different AMD GPUs of recent generations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

nice!
    great to see these kinds of tests.
    I just have a minor suggestion for the perf/watt graphs:
    Since it's possible that one test has a low perf/watt just because it is running at the absolute maximum, where efficiency deters, it wouldn't really give a good image of whether the drivers are good or not(just that the clock is a bit high), it would be nice to have the avg fps and avg watt values annotated to the right of the bars.

Keep up the good work

Comment

Yes, thanks Michael.

I'm in the market for a midrange 2 series for my main rig, and power consumption doing my tasks is right up there as a factor for choosing.

And as previous poster mentioned, a bit more corss-section testing for a wider picture wouldn't go astray (I feel like that's a you're sexy, but.... statement to your girlfriend =D)
      Hi

Comment

Why?

WHY are you only testing a subset (3) of the graphics cards?
        Why do you omit an entire generation (Northern Islands)? The HD 6770 is still Evergreen!
        And at the same time why do you (coincidentally?) include two from Southern Islands (GCN 1.0)?
        What is the rationale behind all this?

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
          WHY are you only testing a subset (3) of the graphics cards?
          Why do you omit an entire generation (Northern Islands)? The HD 6770 is still Evergreen!
          And at the same time why do you (coincidentally?) include two from Southern Islands (GCN 1.0)?
          What is the rationale behind all this?
          The answer is very simple; he does precisely whatever it takes to push whatever perspective that it is he is trying to SELL. You will *never* see an unbiased ANYTHING out of this organization.

Comment

Working...
          X