Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news: Turin is switching to Linux

Hi folks,
    this is my first post here, even though I'd been reading Phoronix for a while.

I am bringing good news from Italy: it seems it had not a lot of echo outside the boundaries of my country, but yet another (considerably big) European municipality is following the path traced by Munich and is switching to Linux. Turin is a ~1M people municipality (comune) in north-west Italy, and it is the first entity of such a big size in my country to decommission Windows for Linux. There are various articles in Italian but so far I've seen none in English, so I wrote something here.

Cheers!

Originally posted by danysk View Post
    Hi folks,
    this is my first post here, even though I'd been reading Phoronix for a while.

I am bringing good news from Italy: it seems it had not a lot of echo outside the boundaries of my country, but yet another (considerably big) European municipality is following the path traced by Munich and is switching to Linux. Turin is a ~1M people municipality (comune) in north-west Italy, and it is the first entity of such a big size in my country to decommission Windows for Linux. There are various articles in Italian but so far I've seen none in English, so I wrote something here.

Cheers!
    it's only fair !

great opensource devs & projects are at home in Italy (BFQ, Sabayon Linux, PeaZip, and more !)

let's hope they make the best out of it

Comment

Working...
    X