Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

Hans Reiser, the Linux programmer facing a mandatory 25-to life term for killing his wife, might disclose the location of Nina Reiser’s body in exchange for a reduced term, Alameda County District Attorney Thomas Orloff told Threat Level on Friday. "There’s been some overtures," he said. "But everything is in its preliminary stage." Another source […]

I may be speaking a bit too soon, but as it stands, it appears that your conspiracy theories were completely wrong.

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...eiser-off.html

I may be speaking a bit too soon, but as it stands, it appears that your conspiracy theories were completely wrong.
    Huh? Did he actually confess to her murder?

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
      Huh? Did he actually confess to her murder?
      The implication is that if he were able to direct the authorities to her body, then he also killed her.

Comment

I wonder what Jade has to say about this...
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I'll guess. This is just another extension of the Microsoft/Linux conspiracy to kill Reiser4.

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
            I'll guess. This is just another extension of the Microsoft/Linux conspiracy to kill Reiser4.
            Looooooooool XD, but not from Microsoft, from Micro$oft instead!! XD

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Michael; I already said the following on the main Reiser thread

(before this thread existed).

This crap about Reiser offering to lead cops to Nina's body,... is exactly that,... crap.

It first surfaced 4 or 5 weeks ago.

It was called rumor back then and nothing has changed since.

Here is what legal analyst Michael Cardoza had to say (on April 29, 2008):

Cardoza dismissed speculation that Reiser would reveal where the body was as part of any deal. "How does it benefit the district attorney? How does it benefit the family to know how he disposed of the body? You're going to take it from 25 to life what, down to a second, 15 to life? No. You want to tell where the body is, tell where the body is. If you don't, they've got the first-degree conviction. They'll live with that. They will not bargain that away."

The P.O.S., David Kravets, writes completely biased trash for http://blog.wired.com. His article is the only supposedly reputable source of this (now old) lie.

All the Linux sites point back to this wired article.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
                It first surfaced 4 or 5 weeks ago.

It was called rumor back then and nothing has changed since.
                This sounds like a job for journalist-man!

EDIT: the wired article has two quotes in it that confirm that it is at least being discussed... it doesn't actually say that Reiser made so much of an admission of guilt as to offer, ie it doesn't say this was his idea. On the other hand, it would be stupid for Reiser to go so far as to even discuss it if he was innocent or otherwise UNaware of her body's location.

A call to one of the lawyer's involved would absolutely clarify exactly how much of the story is rumor if any.
                Last edited by StringCheesian; 10 June 2008, 02:15 AM.

Comment

And let's not forget how the trial actually went. http://www.ktvu.com/news/15361596/detail.html

Was it the Russian Mafia, S&M adultery, or she was mentally ill? Pick one, for mobo's sake!

Comment

Working...
                  X