Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post
    *Rolls eyes*
    Then Read it as Koh-dye. Is that manly and/or heterosexual enough for you?
    Wait... who died?

Comment

Yeah, lousy name. Perhaps an evolution of the old one would have been better. Like ABMC? ("Any" Box?)

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
        Yeah, lousy name. Perhaps an evolution of the old one would have been better. Like ABMC? ("Any" Box?)
        Yeah, let's do the Apple thing and prefix everything with a letter! That'll sell. Being kinda serious =D

And agreed with the odd name; Kodi's not exactly something I'd associate with media centre's, not is it a memorable name for software in general. Granted, someone may have had a family ember or dog or something and I can understand that and naming the project internally, but publicly it's kinda plain. Not sure about being limp-wristhted, though!
        Hi

Comment

A name change is okay, since it actually is far beyond XBOX and mentions of XBOX causes my stomach to cringe but I would have preferred something that still resembles the old name. Kodi sounds like some KDE project and maybe a developer environment (coding <-> Kodi) but it doesn't remind me of anything XBMC used to be.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Kodiak Bear!

Easy to remember, at least. Not a fan of the new logo, though.

Comment

KiX: Kodi is XBMC

Comment

or KMC? Kodi Media Center
                Although like others a K app that is not part of KDE is strange...

Comment

Kodi: about the home.

also similar to Microsoft Kodu.

Comment

To people complaining it doesn't "sound" media-centre-esque : does Plex sound like an AV software to you ? And Steam a video game one ?

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
                      KiX: Kodi is XBMC
                      Which would completely defeat the purpose, which is to avoid intellectual property issues with the Xbox trademark.

Comment

Working...
                      X