Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Beard Confirmed As Mozilla's CEO

Phoronix: Chris Beard Confirmed As Mozilla's CEO

Chris Beard, who served as Mozilla's interim CEO since April when Brendan Eich resigned from his short-lived position, has been named the permanent CEO of Mozilla Corp...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There?s simply no better person to lead Mozilla (except Brendan Eich, but our userbase seems to mostly consist of pretentious 16 year old idiots)
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
      FTFY
      Last time I checked, 16 year old idiots are not actually gay friendly. They usually share homophobia with Brendan Eich. So, if the firefox user base consisted of 16 year old idiots, they'd be quite happy with Mr. Eich I guess.

Comment

Don't forget Gay kids that same age

Originally posted by Isedonde View Post
        Last time I checked, 16 year old idiots are not actually gay friendly. They usually share homophobia with Brendan Eich. So, if the firefox user base consisted of 16 year old idiots, they'd be quite happy with Mr. Eich I guess.
        OK, I am 48 and use Firefox daily, as do probably hundreds of millions of people of all possible descriptions. Still, do NOT lump all 16 year olds (all teenagers, whatever) together as homophobes! When I was 16 I had known I was Bi for half a decade!

Comment

Re

The person that said about "16 year old idiots"... is the actual idiot here...

I am 23 and I do A Lot of research on the web. There is literally no other browser that can handle my workflow.
          And you will find that every academic person that uses the web intensively actually uses Firefox because it can handle easily huge amounts of opened tabs.
          I wouldn't categorize these kind of people into the "16 year old idiots"...

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
            The person that said about "16 year old idiots"... is the actual idiot here...

I am 23 and I do A Lot of research on the web. There is literally no other browser that can handle my workflow.
            And you will find that every academic person that uses the web intensively actually uses Firefox because it can handle easily huge amounts of opened tabs.
            I wouldn't categorize these kind of people into the "16 year old idiots"...
            There's this and the fact that only 3 browsers actually work on the modern web: Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. All alternative browsers are incompatible with the modern web for various reasons, and so other browsers that actually tab properly can't be used, Qupzilla for example.

Comment

switched to Chromium

I'm mostly using Chromium these days in Linux. I'm not such a big fan but Firefox doesn't have native integration with KDE file dialogues and no one at Mozilla seems to really care. Besides this I don't fancy using pulseaudio and for some Firefox doesn't really play any audio. It's probably a distro config problem but I'm not going to look into it now.
              Maybe this new guy can actually do something to improve Firefox. As for gay people and such I really couldn't care less, not a big fan of them but I don't hate them, I just don't care. I don't think browsers have anything to do with this topic but meh ....

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                There's this and the fact that only 3 browsers actually work on the modern web: Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. All alternative browsers are incompatible with the modern web for various reasons, and so other browsers that actually tab properly can't be used, Qupzilla for example.
                What the heck. Last time I checked, there were many browsers that use the same rendering engine (or similar) to Google Chrome, Qupzilla among them.

But alright then, let's hear some of your "reasons". What are some of the problems with Qupzilla, Safari and Opera?

By the way, the nineties called, they said they don't want their Internet Explorer back.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
                  By the way, the nineties called, they said they don't want their Internet Explorer back.
                  IE isn't that bad anymore. I mean, i wouldn't use it over Chrome or Firefox, but it's not a 90's browser.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
                    What the heck. Last time I checked, there were many browsers that use the same rendering engine (or similar) to Google Chrome, Qupzilla among them.

But alright then, let's hear some of your "reasons". What are some of the problems with Qupzilla, Safari and Opera?

Rendering engines are only a 1/3 of the equation. Usually Javascript is the problem, for instance this very forum I've been completely unable to log in under alternative browsers, and plenty of other sites are just broken, doing things like not loading the backgrounds and giving me what appears to be the mobile version of the site, and so on. I've had issues with Anandtech not rendering at all if I turn on adblock in Rekonq. Sometimes links will open into a totally empty tab which will never load, particularly google with the way it's using a referrer as opposed to direct link nowadays so that they can track you better, etc. If you want to see what I mean please do try running a few weeks with an alternative browser, I really do want to switch but errors with sites I visit (like this one) keep forcing me back.

Also modern versions of Opera don't count anymore since they're now just a redistribution of chrome, sure you can use the old presto based opera but for how long?

Comment

Working...
                    X