Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Video Has Us Real Excited About The New UT For Linux

Phoronix: A New Video Has Us Real Excited About The New UT For Linux

Epic Games has posted another video about their upcoming free Unreal Tournament game that is natively supporting Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Like the last game unreal said would be Linux native

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
      Like the last game unreal said would be Linux native
      Since it is free, at least I can't buy this one in advance, anticipating Linux support is coming "soon".

Comment

I was on the stream when this was shown. At first the image was still and I thought it must be concept art, and then it moved. There are still details I want to see changed, and the devs said they'll note that, so all is going well. Note that this is still super early and this demo will be dropped in only like next month.

Originally posted by ChrisIrwin View Post
        Since it is free, at least I can't buy this one in advance, anticipating Linux support is coming "soon".
        It's also already running natively on Linux. Building is reportedly still tricky, but doable.

Comment

There have been screenshots of UT3 runing on Linux, so I won't be excited until I see the new UT running on *MY* system.

Comment

Originally posted by Marix View Post
            There have been screenshots of UT3 runing on Linux, so I won't be excited until I see the new UT running on *MY* system.
            Subscribe to UE4 and you can build and run it on your system right this instant!

Comment

Yeah, the source is available for pretty cheap. I would probably put more blame on the Linux community than on Unreal (at this point anyways) if the game didn't work natively on Linux.

Never the less, it does work natively, so no need to blame anything.

Comment

Is this another OpenGL 3.x title?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                  Is this another OpenGL 3.x title?
                  The UE4 builds I've run so far had two modes, GL 3.2 and 4.3. 4.3 mode crashes somewhere in libnvidia though on the current Nvidia binaries (tested 337 and 340).

Comment

Hey, can anyone explain to me how it's possible that the source code of Unreal engine 4 is available for only 19$ per month? It sounds unbelievably cheap since I think licenses of earlier versions costed hundreds of thousands of dollars. Is there some kind of catch?

Comment

Working...
                    X