Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.23 Has Initial Support For 64-bit Android Builds

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.23 Has Initial Support For 64-bit Android Builds

The latest bi-weekly development release of Wine has some semi-interesting features in store for those habitually updating their Wine installs for running Windows programs on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

DX9 state tracker considered pointless. But hey, Android support makes total sense!

Comment

In my test Steam Jul 15 wtill working in this wine version (however with beta jul 23 some apps shows VC++ Error R1016)

And as show in wine bugs fixed, crypt32.dll is not needed more on uplay (in my test)

More later uploading other results

Last edited by pinguinpc; 25 July 2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        DX9 state tracker considered pointless. But hey, Android support makes total sense!
        let's talk about the missing d3d csmt...

Comment

In saint row the third seems equal to 1.7.22 (character rendering still continues)

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            Obviously they had a programmer who was interested in Android support. That doesn't mean he or she is qualified to write a DX9 state tracker.

Maybe you could do it.

Comment

The DX9 state tracker still exists.

You need patches for Mesa and WINE to use it though and it is still maintained. Wine isn't going to officially implement the state tracker BECAUSE IT ISN'T PORTABLE as far as I've HEARD and know. It won't work with the nvidia drivers, or the catalyst drivers, only the open drivers and not every non-linux based operating system can use those drivers.

This includes, Mac OS X, all the BSDs and any other currently existing unix based system.

Comment

After 20 years of hard and crazy development, I ask my self if at the end all this is worth the hassle.

Comment

Tested steam beta July 24 and steam beta back to work normally

Comment

Working...
                  X