Libinput 0.5 Improves Pointer Acceleration, Adds A Configuration API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 0.5 Improves Pointer Acceleration, Adds A Configuration API

Phoronix: Libinput 0.5 Improves Pointer Acceleration, Adds A Configuration API

Libinput, the input library designed for use by Wayland compositors and other environments for having common input device handling on Linux, is out with a significant update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Libinput on Fedora 21

Thats some good news.
    Havent heard about Wayland and related stuff in a while.
    I hope it gets shape up in time for Fedora 21.

Comment

Originally posted by rxonda View Post
      Thats some good news.
      Havent heard about Wayland and related stuff in a while.
      I hope it gets shape up in time for Fedora 21.
      Actually there have been quite a few posts in the last 1-3 weeks about the state of Wayland in Gnome 3.14 and Fedora 21.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        Actually there have been quite a few posts in the last 1-3 weeks about the state of Wayland in Gnome 3.14 and Fedora 21.
        You're right blackout.
        I think Im a little ansious for this came up.

I wonder if libinput will work with the synaptics touchpad driver or they'll have to make a hole new driver libinput compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by rxonda View Post
          You're right blackout.
          I think Im a little ansious for this came up.

I wonder if libinput will work with the synaptics touchpad driver or they'll have to make a hole new driver libinput compatible.
          It works just fine.

The synaptics driver creates a /dev/event* node and libinput opens and reads events from that.

Comment

Working...
          X