AMD "Hawaii" Open-Source GPU Acceleration Still Not Working Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rakot View Post
    So, Alex, what was the problem? The typos uncovered by Jerome and bugs in firmware only?
    There were two issues. Because the hawaii patches were in a separate tree Marek's tiling fixes for CI didn't get applied since to Hawaii (Jerome's fix) when we later merged hawaii support. The firmware wasn't really buggy per se. Prior to hawaii support, we switched the CI code in mesa to use to a new special case type 3 NOP packet. The problem was the version of of CP firmware we using originally on hawaii didn't support that packet. So, you can either use the new firmware or patch mesa to use the old NOP packet and use the old firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakot View Post
      Also as a side question, is there any news on hyperz issues? I mean is it known what causes this weird corruption in shadows? From a user prospective this is one of the last annoying bugs in radeonsi for me.
      Hyperz artifact issues looks to me more like Z-fighting issues in Unigine Sanctuary for example . They appear only in far positions but not when near.

So i think maybe just near plane is set too much closely then it need to be . I mean i checked out that - it is not in the same place for mesa when compared it with fglrx, for mesa those far/near plane values are different and slightly off, so i begin to think that is just core mesa bug actually. In the end hyperz does not align to that .
      Last edited by dungeon; 24 July 2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        mesa version shouldn't matter as long as it has hawaii support.
        I know, but i more thinking about this

So, you can either use the new firmware or patch mesa to use the old NOP packet and use the old firmware.
        Most people will like you Alex more then Linus, if you name these patches with something like : HAWAII was not high PRIORITY .

Comment

Working...
        X