Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasma Active Continues Coming For Qt5/KF5

Phoronix: Plasma Active Continues Coming For Qt5/KF5

Being done as part of a Google Summer of Code project this year is porting KDE's Plasma Active to their newer technology stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Usability nightmare

KDE is hampered by stupid default settings and horrible usability.

It overwhelms you by presenting every imaginable feature under the sun in every menu, context menu, and toolbar.

The launcher takes way too many clicks to get things done.

The theme lacks paddings and margins around buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      blah blah blah
      Have you ever actually used Plasma Active, or did you just see 'KDE' and launch straight into your KDE rant? http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...224#post429224

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        Have you ever actually used Plasma Active, or did you just see 'KDE' and launch straight into your KDE rant? http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...224#post429224
        Plasma or without, whole KDE is a big mess.

Comment

So that's a NO.

Comment

Good, start coding and make the KDE experience better!

Comment

I hope we see more distros packaging this in the future (or dedicated distros), i would like to try it but the current image in their page is of kubuntu 13.04

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis3 View Post
                I hope we see more distros packaging this in the future (or dedicated distros), i would like to try it but the current image in their page is of kubuntu 13.04
                I'm quite confidend that more distros will package it. It's much easier now with the shell switching. With the previous version it was not intended to be co-installable (e.g. KWin needed to be compiled with different flags) and that made it rather difficult for distros.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis3 View Post
                  Install Kubuntu ( http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-14.04 ) and add one if these PPAs to your sources.list ?

Comment

Working...
                  X