Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tour Of Linus Torvalds' Home Office

Ugh, when did this become 4chan?

Powered by Arch + KDE, 2 korean 1440p and 2 dell U2412 on ergotron mx arms:

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    Ugh, when did this become 4chan?
    Have you ever read the Phoronix forums?

My setup currently; nothing really too impressive though. Got the VX1120 monitor a couple of weeks ago fully-working for $5 (was using an Acer S201HL prior to that which pales significantly in-comparison). Been meaning to paint it at some point.

Off to the side is a small TV with a Chromecast on it, and some Dell laptop I have to install Windows to.

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage724 View Post

My setup currently; nothing really too impressive though. Got the VX1120 monitor a couple of weeks ago fully-working for $5 (was using an Acer S201HL prior to that which pales significantly in-comparison). Been meaning to paint it at some point.

Off to the side is a small TV with a Chromecast on it, and some Dell laptop I have to install Windows to.
    Filco Ninja tenkeyless?

Quote Originally Posted by BSDude View Post
    Filco Ninja tenkeyless?
    CM Storm QuickFire Stealth (Brown) Although it does look quite similar.

http://i.imgur.com/8LI1Giz.jpg
    Gentoo + AwesomeWM

A couple Xen servers, primarily running Gentoo server domUs though also virtual desktop domUs (a variety of Linux desktops, Windows 7 (currently shown) - bottom three monitors), a work-supplied Windows 8.1 laptop (middle three monitors), another laptop running Mint + a recent git pull of Enlightenment. Monitors are mounted on extruded aluminum hardware (<-- this stuff is great; it's like lego for adults). Using synergy (http://synergy-project.org/) to manage the systems from a single keyboard/mouse.

My day job has me connecting to multiple remote hosted Windows-centric environments so the screen real estate is nice for multiple RDP sessions. Unfortunately, the office space itself is not ideal for 8 hour work days plus personal gaming time. The equipment generates a lot of heat, even when not gaming and airflow through the room is not great. I'd recommend to anyone looking at a similar setup to ensure that your space is large enough to mitigate the heat factor.

So after seeing that treadmill standing-desk setup Linus was using, it got me interested in how such a setup worked. Made my own standing desk, and recently added a mini-trampoline to it

Seems study so far; just hoping one day I don't see my desktop in the floor or something. My main concern is how long the plastic joins will hold up.

Sadly I can't use my VX1120 with this desk; I can't lift it that high to even put it on the desk, but even if I could, I'm pretty sure it'll just crush it instantly.

While we are at it, here is a typical NetBSD "user" (just replace the thinkpad with a mac bookpro and you're spot on):

http://springfieldpc.dyndns.org/shimmie/post/view/4136