RadeonSI Gallium3D Now Supports GL4 Indirect Drawing Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
    If you had actually looked at the date of the patches you'd have realized they were written 3 months ago and only committed now..
    There's nothing in the article stating (or even implying) otherwise. What is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
      I don't know how did you come up with 11.5 and 10.4, but that's okay for now . Yes, a DX11 based graphics engine will run on older DX10 and DX9 hardware, but that's only possible when developers write multiple fallback versions and do limit their engine to that level of hardware features.

So why invest in rewriting the whole thing in DX11 but limit yourself to DX9 level hardware again? How many (real) games with a DX11 (only) based graphics engine do you see in market which don't list their minimum hardware requirements as a DX11 level GPU?

I don't now any such game. Some DX11 games wants you to have DX11 installed but they don't require a DX11.5 GPU (0.5 compiler profile = shader model 5). Those games can be measured with just one hand. Also this legacy compatibility writing is part of a game engine profiles, so is not so much extra job, it is always there. Also a game with legacy support it's only limited with older hardware, you don't have graphics limitations with new hardware. For example tessellation can be ON or OFF to older hardware.
      Last edited by artivision; 18 July 2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        There's nothing in the article stating (or even implying) otherwise. What is your point?
        It's just confusing because Michael keeps bouncing between announcing new features that are posted on the ML, and new features finally committed to master.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
          It's just confusing because Michael keeps bouncing between announcing new features that are posted on the ML, and new features finally committed to master.
          I guess that could be confusing, but I think he only announces mailing list patches if they are exciting or bring a long-awaited feature.

Comment

Working...
          X