suggestions for installing/configuring latest drivers from command line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for installing/configuring latest drivers from command line

I'm needing to install and configure the latest drviers on a fedora based system. The installation and configuration needs to take place without user interaction, so everything will have to run via command line.

I don't seem to have any problems actually installing the specific distribution package. However, I need some guidance with actually setting up things like resolution, etc... after the initial installation. Basically, I need help with everything after the "aticonfig --initial" step.

I need to be able to, at some point, configure the video resolution for either 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 (this will be set by a user, but we don't want to use the ati catalyst software to do it), and i will need to be able to set up the system to use a dual head configuration with the pc being the secondary monitor, etc...

any suggestions? I was thinking about just creating 2 separate xorg files and just selecting the appropriate one based on the user selection. But that doesn't seem very flexible for future use.

Thanks in advance!

To force res take a look at this little script:

Requires a Screen Section of course.

Comment

Working...
    X