Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rust Language Is Improving, But Not Yet Ready For 1.0

Phoronix: The Rust Language Is Improving, But Not Yet Ready For 1.0

Rust, the programming language born at Mozilla for developing a "safe, concurrent, practical language" continues to evolve and experience greater adoption. Rust certainly seems to have a good future ahead of it as shared by the latest status update on the project, but a few more release cycles are needed at least before the Rust developers look toward version 1.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hope that boh Rust and Julia suceed. We need such very well-designed programming languages, dealing with huge problems in software development.

Comment

Rust is great and all, but as a user, I'm far more excited about what they will build with Rust like Servo, which will be really exciting when it finally replaces their current platform.

Comment

Originally posted by brk0_0 View Post
        Hope that boh Rust and Julia suceed. We need such very well-designed programming languages, dealing with huge problems in software development.
        Add Dart to that mix.
        Exciting times ahead when languages actually gets great and not only good

Comment

I'd like to see what kind of apps wit will build

Qt? GTK? Android? iOS? OSX? Windows?
          which platform will it be running on and building for first?

Comment

I'd like to see what kind of apps wit will build

Qt? GTK? Android? iOS? OSX? Windows?
            which platform will it be running on and building for first?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
              Add Dart to that mix.
              Exciting times ahead when languages actually gets great and not only good
              Don't forget Nimrod!

Comment

Working...
              X