Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Gets A Kernel Playground Repository

Phoronix: Fedora Gets A Kernel Playground Repository

The latest Fedora Copr repository established provides a "kernel playground" whereby currently out-of-tree and/or experimental kernel features are enabled for developers and enthusiasts to try out...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Heh, I think the people behind the effort of kdbus burned a lot of credit once systemd started to trash people's systems by hijacking kernel command line parameters.

However, if it's a drop-in replacement I might give it a whirl sometime.

Comment

I suggested that the Gentoo kernel team do something like this a few weeks ago, but they said that they had too much to do already. Having a distribution-specific kernel development repository where WIP improvements can be committed before going upstream will definitely be helpful to the Fedora developers.

Comment

Just came here to nitpick: it's wherein you're after, not whereby. (Whereby means "by means of which", wherein means "in which".)

And overlayfs sounds interesting to me.
        Out of curiousity, does anyone know how well it interacts with -RT Linux? (I ask because unionfs has a stale patch aimed at realtime linux users...)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
          Just came here to nitpick: it's wherein you're after, not whereby. (Whereby means "by means of which", wherein means "in which".)
          This's the interweb. grammer is only used by people who have an inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
            This's the interweb. grammer is only used by people who have an inferiority complex.
            And latent insults and aggressivity are only used by .. ?

Comment

Working...
            X